24

☆ ━━━━ ❛ᴋ ᴏ ɴ ᴛ ᴀ ʟ - ᴋ ᴏ ɴ ᴛ ɪ ʟ❜ ━━━━ ☆

^(n.) the swinging of long earrings as

one walks^

☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆

'Dear Marleney, your mother and I have recently been invited to the Christmas Eve Ball for this year. 

The Black family are hosting the prestigious event this coming winter and have graciously invited our family.

Your brothers will be returning home for the Ball and are very intrigued.

It is mandatory, that you attend the Ball with your family.

As you very well know we are trying to be in the good graces of all the ancient Pureblood families, especially after your mother's unfortunate parentage was revealed. Arcturus Black is famed for his magnificent balls and Melania for her cruel demeanor. If we can impress the Blacks, we can finally stop being an embarrassment to the mighty McKinnon name.

Stop wearing those monstracities you call shoes. They're hiding your gorgeous features. I'll be sending another copy of 'Looking Pure' for you to study. Honestly, it's like you don't wear anything we buy you. It's becoming ungrateful and noticeable Marleney.

Your grandmother is visiting for Easter so make sure you're here this year. I expect she'll be taking you to buy you some proper clothes and a wax. Really Marleney, is it too much to ask for your legs not to be hairy?

Sincerely,

Your very disappointed father of House McKinnon.'

Marlene strained the embellished piece of paper and stared at it in shock.

  No. Damn. Way.

Was her father serious? He must be, he rarely wrote without a demand in mind. And why would he invite her, Marlene, to a prissy pureblood ball? Though it isn't a surprise is it? Marlene reminded herself. Lucifer McKinnon had been trying very hard to make sure all of his family was considered purebloods. One misbehaving relative could ruin decades of meticulous reputation building.

The real question was how did her father convince the Sacred 28 to allow his measly family an invite? Even more so, since the Blacks were hosting the ball this year; the Black family was infamous for their unpleasant manner but excellent skills in matchmaking. They were one the most prideful purebloods out there. It was a surprise to Marlene that Sirius Black hadn't been kicked out yet. From what she had seen from school and from her father, Sirius Black wasn't a rule follower. Especially towards his insane family.