44

☆ ━━━━ ❛ A C A E R ❜ ━━━━ ☆

(v.) a betrayal that destroys a relationship

☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆

That summer, sadly, was beginning to look like it was not going to be amazing. And she wanted to kill Albus Dumbledore.

* ˚ ✦

4 hours earlier...

It was July 2nd, and Elara was bundled in a blanket burrito in her dormitory, groaning in slight disbelief and pain. Lyra was curled up on Marlene's bed, watching with calm blinking eyes. The blonde glared at her kitten. "Oh you're soooo lucky," she grumbled, her hair spilling out from her little cocoon.

She felt awful and shitty. Her stomach hurt like a bitch and she'd had a pounding headache for the past four hours. At first she just thought it was because she'd been out in the sun for too long(it was actually just three hours but she'd never spent that much time outside simply bathing in sunlight so how would she know?), but she quickly discovered the true reason behind her agony.

Yeah, it turned out periods suck.

She flopped slowly on her back on her mattress. "I just want some ice cream," she mumbled in a daze, peering up at the ceiling. "Strawberry sounds really good. Or vanilla." She gasped, her gaze switching to her cat. "Lyra, do you think the kitchens have macaron ice cream?!" she whispered in excitement.

The image of creamy melty ice cream with soft bites of macarons sprinkled in the dessert, made her fiercely hungry for the sweet. She let out another miserable groan, rolling on her side so she could look back at Lyra. She grew quiet, the coziness of her blanket making her feel warm and fuzzy. The cat and the girl yawned simultaneously.

She sensed her eyes drooping and her mouth followed. Before Elara knew it, she was taking a nap in the middle of the day on a sunny hot summer day, something she'd never done before.

* ˚ ✦

2 hours later...

Elara woke much happier than when she had drifted off to sleep. The sharp constant pain in her stomach, and strangely her knees, had transitioned to a dull soft ache. It wasn't pleasant by any means, but she could sit up and walk without immediately collapsing so it must be improving.