Don't hurt yourself

TW: mention of suicide

Summary: Ricky and Nini are childhood best friends, then they dated for 4 years but they broke up. They just graduated from high school. Ricky's parents are together.

Today everyone decided to go to Nini's house because she's alone. Her moms went to see Lola, so she invited her friends.

"I still can't believe I won't see you so often after this summer," Ashlyn said. Me, Ricky, Kourtney, and Big Red just graduated but we don't know where we are going. I want to study at New York University, it was always my dream. Well, it was mine and Ricky's but now... I don't know.

"Where do you want to study?" Ej asked, he's studying at Duke.

"I don't know yet, but I still have one year," Gina said and put her head on Ricky's shoulder. Then she looked at Nini.

"What is going on with you two?" Nini said with a small smirk.

"Let's talk about something else, I'm stressed," Kourtney said. "We should choose a film to watch." Everyone agreed with her.

Ricky and Gina aren't together but they were on two dates. There's nothing official yet. They don't want to rush and make a wrong decision.

Everyone was trying to choose a movie and Nini forgot she wasn't alone. She wasn't smiling, the only thing she wanted was crying.

"Nini?" Ricky asked her suddenly. "Are you okay?" Everyone looked at her.

"Yeah, I just miss Lola, I wanted to go but moms left me at home.

"I know how much you love her." Ricky smiled at her.

"You choose a movie, I'll be back soon." She said and go upstairs quickly. In a couple of minutes, her phone starts ringing.

"It's Mama C." Ricky said, grabbed her phone and went upstairs. Before she knocked the call stopped, but Carol sent her a message. He didn't want to read but he was worried about Nini.

"Nini are you okay? We'll be back in two days. Lola missed you so much. I don't know why you didn't want to come with us but we'll talk about it when we see you. Be safe, we love you."

Ricky was surprised. Nini said she wanted to go but the message said the opposite. Why did she lie to them?

He was standing at the door for a couple of seconds then he knocked on the door and opened it.

"Nini? Where are you?" Nini came out of the bathroom, she was wearing a jacket.

"What are you doing here?"

"Mama C was calling." Ricky noticed that Nini's left wrist was wrapped up in bondage. "What happened?"

"Nothing serious. It was an accident and mom wrapped it up." She was nervous and Ricky noticed that too but didn't say anything. 

"Okay." He said and then both left the room together.

***

After the movie, everyone decided to go homes.

"Will you be okay home alone?" Ricky asked Nini.

"Yes Ricky, thank you."

"If you want I can stay," Kourt said.

"It's not the first time I stay alone at home, calm down guys."

"Nin, maybe..." Ricky started but Nini interrupted.

"Ricky, I want to be alone okay?" Ricky was a little taken aback, she seemed to be angry.

"Okay, sorry. If you need anything call me." Everyone said goodbye and she closed the door.