Never Let You Go

Nini surprised everyone at camp. Ricky and Nini reunited after s2 opening night.

"You really need to stop thinking about it, Carlos."

"How can I do that, Richard? It'll be a live stream, everyone can watch our musical, it's a disaster." Finally, he took a deep breath and sat next to Ricky. "Are you nervous and the trailer? You should talk to Gina about it, it will be awkward if she finds out about your crush when she watches the trailer."

"I know but she broke up with Ej yesterday, I can't talk to her about it. And it's just a crush, nothing important."

"But you tried to get close to her and wanted to be with her, now you're giving up? Why?"

"It doesn't matter." Ricky said and got up.

"Tell me, bro."

"Ugh, okay." He exclaimed. "My dad called, when I get home we'll move to LA because of his job. He got a promotion... And I'm so happy for him but we have to move to California."

"What? Are you leaving Salt Lake?" He screamed. "But we just become friends."

"I know but I have to."

"That's why you're not gonna try with Gina?" Ricky nodded. He had one more reason. Nini. She was her best friend and the love of his life, he tried to move on but... She will always be in his heart.
He can't start a relationship with another person if he still thinks about her, he needs time.

***
Somehow their show was successful, they all were exhausted, it was a long evening. Ej was so proud and really start thinking about the new job options.

Ricky entered his room and the first thing he saw was a letter on his bed. He grabbed a letter quickly and opened it.

"Ricky, you were amazing out there and I'm so proud of you. I'm glad you're doing what makes you happy. Happy Birthday!! I wish you all the best. Love, Nini."

"What? Is she here?" He said and started walking towards the door.

When he opened the door he saw Gina. "Gina? What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." Gina was nervous. After the show, Carlos told her about everything Ricky said to him. He wanted to help his friends.

"It can't wait?" Ricky asked. He had to see Nini before she left the camp.

"It's so important for me, Ricky "

"Gina, I'm sorry but I have to see Nini right now." He said and started running.

"It'll always be Nini." Gina said and looked at the running boy.

***
"Nini, wait." Ricky shouted when he saw her.

"Ricky? What are you doing?"

"You can't leave without saying goodbye." She smiled and hugged him so tightly. They missed each other.

"Happy Birthday, Ricky." She said and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm happy you're here."

"I would never miss your birthday."

"Remember when we were spending the whole day together on our birthdays?"

"Of course. How can I forget it? Once I puked all over your shoes on my 9th birthday."

"That's because you wanted to finish your bucket list and I was helping you." They were both laughing.

"Man, we have so many memories," Nini said with a smile. "I miss our childhood."