Hair-do

(Arya's POV)

I walked over to the Tourney field and sat down on the bleachers. I would possibly join the Tourney team, but I wasn't so sure...

"Jay, Ben, offense. Chad, you're defense. Taylor, you're the shooter." Coach Jenkins said. You know what, screw it, I'm joining. I walked down there and headed towards the coach. 

"Yo, coach, I want to join the team." I said, confidently. 

"No, I will not allow a princess to join the team." Coach Jenkins said.

"Aw, c'mon! What is it with men and being sexist?! At least let me try. If I do good, then I get to join, if I'm horrible then I'll leave, I won't bother you." I said, giving him a deal. Coach Jenkins thought it through and nodded. 

"There are about your size jersyes in the lockers. Put one on and get your butt back here. Let's see what you can do." Coach said. I quickly ran over to the lockers and pulled on some jerseys. 

I ran back and Coach told me that I was on offense with Jay and Ben. 

"Hey. Hey! Hey, you. Lost boy! Put your helmet on. Get out of the kill zone! Come on." Coach Jenkins said, yelling at Carlos. Aww Carlos, you poor innocent bean.

"Kill zone? Wha..." Carlos replied, looking around him. 

"Pick it up. Put it on! Two hands." Coach said, motioning at his helmet. Carlos quickly put it on and ran out of what was called as the "kill zone". 

The game started and Jay bulldozed his way in. I yelled at him, saying that I was free. He nodded and tossed the ball at me. I easily caught it and jumped over Chad, making him fall to the ground. I passed back to Jay and he knocked down everyone in his path. I sprinted over to the goal and Jay jumped over Carlos. He passed it to me and I hit it in. 

"WOHOOO! THAT WAS AMAZING! NICE JOB JAY!" I said, pumping my fists in the air. He had the same reaction as me and we both high-fived each other.

"YOU TWO! GET OVER HERE!" Coach Jenkins yelled, waving us over. We shared a look and jogged over to Coach Jenkins. 

"What do you call that?" he started. We looked down at our feet and I started playing with the grass. "I call that raw talent. Come find me later. I'll show you two something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book. Welcome to the team guys." Coach Jenkins said, finishing his speech. Jay and I looked at each other in excitement. WE WERE ON THE TEAM!!

Coach turned to Carlos and said, "You ever thought about band?" 

Ben jumped in and said, "I'll work with him coach." 

"I'll help out too, I might need some of that training as well." I said. 

"All right. Let's run that again." Coach said, motioning everyone to set up. 

Everyone cheered, while Jay said, "I'm rotten to the core." He slightly punched Chad, and jogged away. 

"Ow." Chad said, walking away.

I was walking to the lockers in the hallway after showering from Tourney. I was trying to find my necklace that I always wore. I instead overheard a conversation between Chad, Ben, and Audrey. Mal's locker was right next to mine, and she held up a finger, pointing towards them. I nodded and we both stayed quiet. 

"Those kids are trouble." Chad said. Audrey nodded, agreeing with him. Evie walked up to us. Wow, perfect timing.

"Hey Mal, just wanted to let you know I'll be borrowing your spellbook for a little while." Evie said, walking away. 

"Come on Chad. Give them a chance." Ben pleaded. Aww, he was so nice. Especially to the purple haired girl next to me. 

Audrey scoffed. "Oh. No offense, Bennybear, but you're just too trusting. Look, I know your mom fell in love with a big nasty beast who turned out to be a prince, but with my mom, the evil fairy was just the evil fairy. That girl's mother. And don't get me wrong about the other strange one. She was meant to be a princess. But she's not really, um, how do I say it. Princess-like. She's not even that pretty." Audrey said, flipping her hair and walking away. Ben approached us and faced Mal. I just stood there, curious of their conversation.

"Hey, how was your first day?" Ben asked. 

"Super." Mal said, with sarcasm dripping from her voice. Ben just shook it off, oblivious to what sarcasm was. Wow, was he really this dense? Mal closed her locker door and Ben saw the painting that Mal had on there.

"You should really think about taking this talent off the locker and into art class. I could, uh, sign you up. What do you think?" Ben asked.

"Way to take all the fun out of it." Mal said, leaving. 

"Huh." Ben said, leaving as well. 

I headed back to our dorm, attempting to do homework. 

~At the dorms~

I was concentrating real hard on my math homework, when I checked the time. Oh shoot, I forgot practice. Eh, doesn't matter anyway.

Jane and Mal walked in. Evie was focused on sewing a dress.

"Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane ranted.

"Auradon." Mal dryly said.

"Mal," Evie said, holding up a dress. "Do you like?" 

"Sure." Mal said, giving a short and quick answer. Evie turned towards me hoping for a better answer.

"Yeah, it's cute. It really brings out your eyes." I said.

"I know." Evie said, sighing.

"I'll never get a boyfriend." Jane said, sighing. 

"Boyfriends are overrated." Mal said. 

"Oh, but our dear Arya over here has a certain white haired boy head over heels for her." Evie said, while humming happily. I dropped my pencil while Mal and Jane looked at me.

"What, he's the one that flirts with me, it's not my fault." I said, turning towards them.

"Oh but certianely you must have a secret to being that beautiful." Jane said. 

"Nope, just being me, that's all I can say." I said, turning pack to my homework. Jane sighed in defeat and plopped down on my bed. 

A Asian girl barged into our dorm.

"Hey guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan?" she said, introducing herself. We all looked at each other like, who is she?

"No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair, and I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?" she asked.

"Why would I do that for you?" Mal asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie retorted back, holding out a bag that jingled with money. Evie greedily took it.

"Good answer. I need to buy more material. Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights?" Evie suggested.

"Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's." Lonnie said.

"Really?" Mal said.

"The split ends too?" I teased.

"Yeah." Lonnie said.

"Okay..." Mal said, pulling out her spell book. She started to chant, "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair." 

Mal did some swiping with her hands and when Lonnie raised her head, it was replaced with long, voluminous hair. 

"I know, I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it..." Evie suggested. 

"No, no, no, no, no! I love it." Lonnie said, looking in her mirror.

"You do?" Evie asked, looking at her in disbelief. 

"It's just..." Lonnie said, reaching down to her skirt. She ripped a slit and said, "Now I'm cool." 

"Like ice." I said, from my desk.

Jane copied Lonnie's movement and ripped a small tear. She gasped and said, "What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!"