Family day, possibly the worst

(Arya's POV)

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." FGM said. "Oh, and Arya, darling, considering your parents aren't here, you may go. You have a free period today, considering that your parents are actually here." I nodded and left. 

I was walking around, bored out of my mind and saw Marius walking. Huh, I guess the royals had this as free period. I briskly walked past him, avoiding him, considering what happened last night. Turns out, I couldn't avoid him for long. 

"Hey Arya. What's up? Stop walking so fast!" Marius said. I groaned out loud.

"Jeez, you don't want to see me or something? How unfriendly of you." he said, teasing.

"Well, I am a villain so...." I said, trailing off.

"True, but your parents aren't." Marius said. 

"Ha, well, because my parents are good doesn't mean I am. And because Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos' parents are evil doesn't mean that their kids are bad." I said. 

"Hmm, well, how are you and the De Vil kid? Things going well?" he asked.

"Actually yeah. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes." 

"Oh, I, um, just remembered I had to meet up with a friend, so I'm going to go.... bye!" 

Marius scampered off towards his locker but then paused and went to the dormitories. Huh, I wonder what that was about. I shrugged and went to my dorm. I was sitting there, bored out of my mind until the rest of the team, burst in to the room.

"ARYA! WE HAVE A PROBLEM!" Evie said. 

"Fashion, or Coronation?" I asked. 

"BOTH!" Evie replied.

"Actually, more like one, the Coronation..." Carlos said, sitting down next to me on my bed. I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on my hair. 

"So, what's up?" I asked. 

"Okay, we all know what this looks like. So the wand will be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You guys will be up in the balcony, Carlos?" Mal said, explaining the plan.

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand." Carlos said. 

"Perfect. Evie?" Mal asked.

"Yeah?" Evie replied. 

"You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light. Jay?" 

"I'll keep guard and make sure that no one approaches the limo." Jay replied. Mal nodded in approval and turned towards me.

"Arya, you have the most important job ever. You'll have my spell book, making sure that if something goes wrong, freeze all of them, except for us. You think you can do that?" Mal asked, challanging me. 

"Yes, because we're rotten..." "To the core." they all finished. 

"M? You want to break Ben's love spell?" Evie asked, looking at Mal. She was currently flipping through her spell, book and had landed on a love potion breaking spell. 

"Yeah. You know, for after. I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when teh villains finally do invade Auradon, adn begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel." Mal said. Wow, that was interesting considering that she was practically the Mistress of Evil's daughter. That would be a bad rep for her. Welp, now wasn't the chance, we had a Family Day to attend. Yipee, I get to see my oh so wonderful parents again who abandoned me. 

~Outside in the courtyard~

Evie had given me a simple high low flowery dress that was black and gold. At least it had some of Auradon colors. The gold, I mean. I saw Ben clear his throat and start to say something.

"Ma cherie Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite you to relax. Let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner!" Ben said. 

"Be our guest!

Be our guest!
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, Cherie
And we provide the rest
Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Why we only live to serve
Try the gray stuff It's delicious
Don't believe me? Ask the dishesThey can sing, sing, sing
They can dance, dance, dance
After all, Miss, this is France
And a dinner here is never never second bestC'monGo on, unfold your menu
Go on, Take a glance and then you'll
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guestC'monYeah! Be our guest, guest, guestWe tell jokes
I do tricks
With my fellow candlesticks
And it's all in perfect taste
That you can betCome on and lift your glass
You've won your own free pass
To be out guestIf you're stressed
It's fine dining we suggestBe our guest!
Be our guest!
Be our guest!
Be our guest!
Be our guest!" They all sang. 

I scoffed looking at the silly song that they were singing. It was sad, really. I noticed two people approaching me. It was Rapunzel and Flynn. I'm not even going to bother calling them Mom and Dad anymore. They didn't even deserve it anymore. 

"Arya! You look so nice! Just like your mother-" "Don't say that. You don't even know. YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARE, SO WHY SHOULD I?" I yelled, interrupting him. Carlos came over to me, and dragged me away. He shoved a chocolate covered red blob in my mouth. Mmm, it tasted so good. It was very... flavorful. 

"Is there any more of this amazingness?" I asked, my mood become more happier. Carlos laughed and pointed to the dish. I looked left and right, and snatched it off the table. Both Jay and Carlos noticed, but didn't even snitch on me. I walked around, till I saw what was happening with Mal and some old woman. Hmm, must be a self absorbed, stuck up queen.

"WHAT? YOU! How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?" the old woman said. Ben immediately rushed to the scene trying to calm the old woman down.

"Queen Leah, it's ok. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?" Ben said. 

"A chance to what, Ben? Destroy us? Come on. You remember, don't you? The poison apples. And the spells. Spells. My daughter... was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust her." The old hag, I mean, Queen Leah said. 

Mal tried apologizing, which was a huge shocker, really. 

"I'm so so..." "Go away! Stay away from her!" Chad said, interrupting Mal's apology. Aw, hell no. No one messes with my friends and gets away with it. I went up to Chad and punched him in the face. A right hook to be exact. 

"OW! See Ben! They were raised by their parents. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh-uh. You stole another girl's boyfriend." Chad said, pointing to Mal. 

"Hey! Hey!" Ben said, trying to break this up. Oh, this is aggrivating me by the minute. 

"Oh. You enjoy hurting people." Chad said, pointing to Jay. "And you, you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater." Chad finished, pointing at Evie. 

"Mirror, mirror, in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?" Evie asked. The mirror showed Chad's reflection.

"What? Come on!" Chad exclaimed. The team left except for me. I walked towards Chad, and grabbed his collar lifting him up and slammed him to the wall. 

I leaned down towards his ear and whispered, "You know what, you forgot about me. I'm just an example that your perfect world is more eviller than the Isle of the Lost. At least we had actual family that isn't sexist or biased on good looks. At least we cared. And that's all that mattered. The rest of you... YOU'RE ALL STUCK UP PRISSIES!" 

Everyone gasped at the last part I said, and I dropped him and left. I saw the others near the picnic table and approached them, sitting down. I leaned against Carlos and closed my eyes to the beating of his heart.