24 - Planning Ahead

You woke up to the sound of the door creaking open. You peered through sleepy eyes to see Maki peeking through, grinning, looking at you lying in Megumi's arms.

Megumi was up before you were, making his way to the door. He opened up the door fully. "Tell anyone and I'll beat your ass, Zenin-senpai," He muttered threateningly.

"You know you couldn't beat me in a fight. I came to talk to Y/n, anyway."

"Don't tell anyone," He repeated.

"Hmm... maybe the other second-years."

"No!"

"It doesn't matter, they already saw you two asleep, anyway."

He sighed and shut the door in her face, but she opened it again. "Hey, didn't you hear me say I came to see Y/n?"

"Fine. I'm gonna go get changed."

When Megumi left, she made her way to you and sat next to you. "Morning, sleepyhead. So you're dating him yet or what?"

You sat up, rubbing your eyes. "Uh... I think so."

"What do you mean, you think so? It's a yes or no question."

"Well, yeah..."

"Tell me what happened."

"We went to the hospital to visit Tsumiki and I fell asleep on the train. I had a vision that Tsumiki wakes up."

"Oh yeah, I heard you had that third technique. So did you tell him about it?"

"Yeah."

"Then what?"

"Then he kissed me."

"Really!?"

"Quiet down, he's next door."

"Wow. I didn't expect him to make the first move."

She stood up and made her way to the door. "I also came to wake you up for Gojo. He wants to talk to you."

"Talk to me?"

"Yeah. I didn't want to say it in front of Megumi, he'd get worried."

"Is it that bad?"

"I don't know, you'll have to go and find out. But he sounded really serious about it."

"Ok, thanks Maki. I'll go see him soon."

She walked out and shut the door. You got changed into your navy uniform, and when you were done, you heard a knock on your door. Megumi walked in and planted a kiss to your forehead.

"Why are you getting ready so early?" He asked, "It's only six-forty."

"Gojo-sensei wants me to work on my map technique," You lied.

"Why now? It's the weekend, you have the whole morning to sleep in. You look tired."

"I wouldn't be able to sleep again if I tried."

He stared into your eyes, reaching up with a hand to cup your cheek. "It's ok. We'll take all the precautions we can to make sure it doesn't happen, ok?"

You nodded, pressing a quick kiss to his lips as a way of thanking him, but he kissed you back and you found yourself craving more. Your lips moved in sync with his, slowly and sweet, but he sped things up, pinning you between him and the wall and kissing a little rougher. He snaked an arm around your waist and put his free hand behind your head to deepen the kiss.

You pulled away unwillingly and said, "Gojo-sensei's waiting for me–"

He pouted. "Tell him you're supposed to have the weekend to yourself."

–––––

You walked into the empty classroom and waited at one of the desks. Your teacher wasn't there yet. So he's late as usual. Shame, I could've stayed with Megumi for longer.

You shook your thoughts away as Gojo walked in. "Oh, you're early, L/n-san."

"More like you're late," You replied.

"Where'd this attitude come from?" He said with a smirk.

"What did you want to talk about?" You asked, avoiding his question. His smile dropped and he became more serious.

"I wanted to ask if you've had any bad dreams."

"I had one last night, actually. It's about the mission today."

"I wouldn't call today a mission. You're only going to pick up a cursed object."

"Well it sure becomes a mission."

He eyed you through the blindfold curiously. "What do you mean?"

"Someone's going to steal Sukuna's finger before we can get our hands on it. And the boy who has it is going to eat it and turn into Sukuna."

"For real? That's hilarious."

"Can you please be serious about this?" You asked exasperatedly.

"Fine. So does the boy eat it at day or night?"

"Night."

"Interesting. I was going to have you two go and pick it up tonight."

"Where is it?"

"It's in a Stevenson screen. Ya know those little sheltered boxes that measure precipitation and humidity?"

"Can't we just get it straight from the person who's dropping it off?"

"Too late, they've already dropped it off."

"What!? It could be stolen by now!"

"Alright, you two can go pick it up now, then. Go wake up Megumi, I've already sent the location to his phone."

You went back to the dorms and knocked on his door. "Megumi, we need to go and get the finger."

The door opened and he ruffled his hair. "But I was sleeping in..." He mumbled.

"Sorry I woke you up."

"It's ok. I'll get changed, then."

–––––

A/N: Guys I'm so sorry its been ages since I uploaded last! I think it would be a good time to warn you that this book is starting to end but I might make a second book depending on how many of you would want to read a part 2 so let me know! Thanks for sticking around <3