Chapter 6

Victor's POV

I got home while Ernest, my father, and Elizabeth were having dinner.

"Hello Victor" I heard my father say when I walked into the kitchen.

"Victor" Ernest stood up from his seat and walked towards me. "I've missed you so much" he continued as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Sorry I didn't let you guys know I was here I just needed to go for a walk and get some air... You know sitting in a car for over 3 hours."

"Don't worry about it Victor, we understand" Ernest replied:

I noticed Ophelia wasn't eating with them. I hope nothing happened between Ophelia and Elizabeth I'm still not quite sure why they hate each other so much.

"Where's Ophelia" I asked

"She said she wasn't hungry" Elizabeth responded quickly. I simply nodded my head.

"I thought Henry was gonna come with your guys" Elizabeth continued.

"Yeahh he was, but he couldn't he had to do a lot of school stuff; he's really involved in stuff like with school". She just said "ohh".

"Are you going to have dinner Victor" my father asked.

"No I'm not really hungry".

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

It was the creature.

Now I know it.

And Justine is being blamed.

I had killed my brother. I had created the creature that killed my brother. And Justine was being blamed.

When I left I went to the "crime scene" and I saw it I knew it.

If i said that in a court room everyone would think I was crazy. That statement wouldn't help at all it would just make things worse.

I was also thinking about Henry. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. I need to see him. I need to talk to him. I would call him but I feel like I need to talk to him face to face. Not through the phone.

But

I could just text him and check on him.

"Hey Henry how's it going" I type into my phone. I am hesitant to send it but I finally do. I look at my phone for about a minute still not answer and he hasn't seen it either. I turn off my phone and almost immediately I got a notification on my watch and picked up my phone in a hurry.

No notification.

I check my watch.

"Stupid watch" I murmured under my breath. I don't want to exercise.

An eternity goes by and I get another notification.

This time it is Henry.

"Hey Victor I'm doing alright. How are you holding up?"

Periods, question marks, capitalized letters where they belong. That isn't like Henry from Henry I would have expected hey im alright how are you holding up maybe I'm just being paranoid.

"I'm alright I miss you"

"I'm sorry I didn't
go with you guys"

"It's okay I get it"

"How's Ophelia"

No question mark