Chapter 11

Victor's POV

I woke up wrapped around Henry's arms while he was still sleeping, confused having no idea how we ended up falling asleep. I only remember getting here and ranting to him about how awful my trip was.

I tried moving without waking him up, but as soon as I started moving he woke up. I could tell he had no idea how we ended up here either from that look in his eyes.

"Good morning" I heard him say with a raspy voice.

"Good morning" I said back.

He got off the couch almost immediately, I could tell he was nervous.

"Do you want anything for breakfast" he asked me walking towards the kitchen.

"I was thinking about calling Ophelia, and ask her if she wanted to go get some breakfast." Last night was the longest me and him had talked since that night and I didn't know what this morning was going to be like after last night. I knew it was selfish, wanting to avoid a long conversation, but I didn't know what else to do.

He didn't seem to care however because he simply said sure.

I pulled out my phone and I called her "Hey" I heard her say through the phone. "Hey do you want to go get breakfast with me and Henry"

"Um sure just give me 30 minutes I'm still waking up." she did sound like she had just woken up, I heard her yawn when she first answered.

"Okay sure we'll pick you up in 30 minutes be ready." I hung up the phone.

"Do you need a change of clothes" Henry asked me as soon as I hung up the phone.

"Um no thanks I have a change of clothes in my luggage" I answered, almost embarrassed, I felt so weird, I had no idea what to do or what to say. I could tell he was taken back by my answer. "Um ok well if you need to get dressed you can go into the bedroom, or the bathroom, or um wherever you want." he walked away quickly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were getting in the car when I realized Henry was getting in the back . I was thinking about telling him to sit next to me, but I felt like I had already messed up enough so I just let him.

We didn't talk at all at all the 15 minutes it took us to get to Ophelia's apartment. It was the weirdest ride if my life. I called Ophelia to let her know we were outside, it took her a few minutes to get out of the complex, but it felt like an eternity.

"Hey, where are we going" she asked. "Um I don't know" she realized something was wrong right away. I've known her long enough to recognize the different looks on her face, and her change of language when she sense something. But then again she notices those things too, and so does Henry, it's hard to keep things from each other.

"Um okay" she eyed me and Henry. "How about that place next to the university." she suggested. I was okay with it, but I had no idea how Henry was feeling, he still hadn't said a word. "Does that sound good Henry" I asked him.

We looked over at Henry when he didn't answer, he had spaced out. "Henry" I said. He snapped out of it, "sorry, what's going on". "It fine do you want to go to the place next to the university, I don't know what it's called" I asked him. "Yeah that's fine" and he started looking out the window again.

Ophelia let out a heavy sigh "At what times do you guys have class tomorrow" she asked. "Um I have class in the morning, but I am going to be busy in the afternoon". She looked confused, thats understandable however it's not like I am ever busy after school if I am not with them. I saw Henry snap out of it once again through the rearview mirror, and he finally spoke. "What are you doing after school" I was shocked, and it wasn't like I could tell them what I was truly doing. "I have to work on a science paper, it's a big chunk of my grade and I am working on it every night" I lied. I didn't want him to know about the creature I had created and I don't want him to know I am working on another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the place with things very tense between us still, we got our booth and Ophelia and Henry sat on one side and myself on the other, I ordered a coffee and Henry and Ophelia asked for an iced tea. The more I hang out with them the more I realize they are the same person, but different genders.

We sat there in silence until Ophelia finally broke the silence "You guys have to talk about it, remember last night it got this weird between us we had to talk it out" me and Henry looked at her and then at each other. We didn't know who was going to start, after a few seconds I went first "I'm sorry Henry, this is all my fault I've been acting weird, it isn't like weirder things haven't happened with us and I have never acted like this". There I had finally done it. "It isn't your fault I'm not making it any easier for you, and I shouldn't have done what I did-". Interrupted him before he could continue "Don't apologize for that, let's just leave it all behind us".

We looked over at Ophelia who was looking at us not knowing what to say, but she is Ophelia and she found something to say "Well I didn't mean right now, but I am glad we cleared that up".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things got a lot less tense after that conversation. We talked about the trip, and Elizabeth, but that conversation only left me and Henry more confused. After breakfast we went back to Ophelia place to help her clean up.

"I don't understand why you don't just get a new roommate, this one made a mess in the couple days you weren't here, she barely cleans up after herself, and she doesn't help you with basic chores." I heard Henry say. It was true Ophelia always ended up in situations with the worse people and doesn't know how to get rid of them.

"I know but remember how hard it was for me to find her, I don't want to have to go through that again" she complained "I don't have enough money to pay the full rent, bills and still pay for other things". That made me realize how poorly I had payed attention to her, I had no idea that, that was the reason she so desperately wanted a roommate. "You're adoptive parents don't pay for your rent" I asked her. "They pay part of it, but the deal for me to be able to get out of the school dorms was that I had to get a roommate because they weren't able to pay everything, remember". "Yeah" I did remember something a long those lines. "They are still taking care of my sister". I felt horrible for bringing it up, so Henry changed the subject after we noticed the shift in tone.

"You could always just move in with me" Henry suggested. "It isn't a big place, but I think we would manage". This wasn't his first time suggesting it, and they had been close to doing it before, but never did.

We got drunk and listened to some music until we all fell asleep on the couch.