Chapter 12

6 Months Later 

Ophelia's POV

I put on the finishing touches of my outfit. The jewelry. I love my jewelry it really ties a look together. Once I was done with that I applied my red lipstick like I always do last and headed out. 

Victor had invited me and. Henry out for dinner, said he had some news for us.

It took me about 7 minutes of walking when I got to the restaurant. I walked into the warmth of the restaurant and I immediately saw Victor sitting in one of the tables near the back. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Hello ma'am do you have a reservation" I heard a deep voice say next to me. I looked over at the man standing next to me. He was significantly taller than me. Looked a couple years older. Or at least the stubble made it seem like it.

"Oh my friend is actually right over there" I said pointing over at the table Victor was sitting at. "Alright" he said smiling at me.

I walked towards the table Victor was at and he stood up to hug me. "You look gorgeous. Has anyone ever told you that green is one of your colors." he told me as we were sitting back down. "I have been told. You also look very gorgeous" I said smiling at him and he smiled back. He was wearing a black suit. And he finally did his hair. "I already ordered us some drinks not that long ago and we are waiting for Henry so we can order our food and that worker over there thinks we are on a date and he's very disappointed". "What" I said turning my head to look Victor in the eyes. "Yeah so our food can come out at the same time and I mean you know how you and Henry ge-".

I interrupted him. He knew exactly what I was asking about "no not that you know what i'm talking about Victor."

Then then the waiter came up to us placing 3 waters, a Dr. Pepper, a hot tea, and an iced tea. Victor pushed the Dr. Pepper towards me and the iced tea towards the empty seat infant of us. 

"I'll come back when your friend gets here." The waiter said. "Great thank you" Victor responded and when the waiter left he looked at me. "You know us so well, now what did you mean" I said.

"Nothing, just drop it" he said sternly. "Okay fine" I rolled my eyes at him. 

We were so into that conversation we didn't even notice Henry had arrived until he walked up to us.

"What are you two taking about" he asked startling me and Victor. We both looked at him. He was also wearing a suit but with a white button up instead of a black one like Victor. 

"Oh nothing important" Victor responded. 

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

It had been about half an hour since we had gotten there and were finishing up with our food.

While talking about our family and our fun memories back in Geneva, Victor interrupted and completely changed the mood. 

"Um" Victor said. His smile fading. "Actually I wanted to talk to you guys about something, now that we are talking about Geneva". He looked at me and Henry waiting for something.

"Yeah what's up" Henry finally said.

He was starting to worry me. Knowing Victor this was something serious.

"I might just finish this semester and then I'm probably going back to Geneva" he finally said.

I was shocked I didn't know what to say. I looked at Henry and he was also just sitting there clearly not knowing what to say.

"I'm still not sure, but it is likely"

"What about the at least two years we have left, why are you leaving, you have plans, why are you leaving" I don't know why I started raising my voice at him. I knew he had his reasons but I felt like if I didn't yell at him I would start crying.

Henry reached to touch my hand. "Hey calm down". But I could tell he also wanted answers.

"I just... things will be easier" he finally said.

"How will things be easier Victor. Finishing will get you the job you want. What are you going to do in Geneva, get the job that your dad wants you to get, marry Elizabeth, do everything you dad expects you to do even though you don't want to."

He raised his voice back "You know what Ophelia this isn't your choice it's mine. You don't know what I want ok maybe I do want to marry Elizabeth maybe I do want to live that life. It's my life I'm not going to let you control it."

"You know what I have to go." I stood up and left them with out looking back.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

I exited the restaurant going into the alleyway next to it trying to put myself back together before walking back home. 

"Hey" I heard a familiar voice say to my right.

I turned to see the worker I met earlier tonight. "Hey".

"How was your dinner" he said taking the cigarette out of his mouth.

"It was alright... ended a little roughly though." 

He chuckled "Want to talk about it". I really didn't want to talk about how she went off on Victor like that with a stranger. "No not really".

"Alright... um are you walking home." I started to wonder wether Victor had been right."Yeah I am, I don't live far".

"Let me walk you." I didn't know if I wanted to take him home or not. I sounded dangerous, but what was the worse that could happen. Apart from him possibly murdering me in my own home.  "Sure"

We walked back to my apartment in silence. But it was really comforting to know he was next to me.

When we got to the door I took a step closer to him. "Do you want to come inside." He got even closer to me looking down at me putting his hand on my cheek. "Of course I do." And as I started opening the door he started kissing me.