Chapter 4: The Hashira Meeting

(Muichiro's pov)
I suddenly woke up. A blue sky with many pure white clouds, birds chirping and butterflies flying around. I then remembered to go to the butterfly estate to see y/n. I should've acted faster so she wouldn't be injured..... damn it why am I so worried? I guess I'll go now.

(no one's pov)
Muichiro then got off his futon, did the things he would do in the morning, put his uniform on and left his estate. A few minutes went by and he was there. "Oh Muichiro, ohayo," Aoi said, "very unusual of you to actually remember!"

"Yeah I know......how's y/n doing?" he asked.

"Oh she's doing fine, she just hasn't woken up yet, but she should soon I think," she said, "also Shinobu should be back soon from her mission tomorrow".

"Can I see her?" Muichiro asked.

"Sure, Kyojuro and Senjuro are there too just saying," Aoi said, "just follow me".

Muichiro then followed Aoi to where y/n was. Senjuro was clenching his fist in worry. Kyojuro was also very worried for his little sister.
"Oh hi Tokito-kun!" Kyojuro said.

"Hi," Senjuro said.

"Uh hi," Muichiro said.

"I think we'll give you and y/n here some privacy!" Kyojuro said.

"Oh.....ok I guess," Muichiro said. Then Aoi, Kyojuro and Senjuro left the room, leaving only y/n's unconscious body and Muichiro alone.

"Gomenasai.....y/n....I hope you get better," Muichiro said while cupping her face with his hands, "such a cute face". He then kissed the corner of y/n's lips gently for a second. "She won't know....." he said. He let his hands go from her face and left the room. Muichiro left the estate but stopped walking for a bit to stare at some clouds. Then he kept walking back to his estate.

(y/n's pov)
I woke up. I was lying on a bed with a soft blanket on me. I tried to remember what happened and that I was kicked by Mukago.....then I passed out? I don't know. A few seconds ago, I felt something nice on my face...like warm hands. But I also felt something else which I can't figure out.....but it felt really nice. I couldn't figure out where I was, until Aoi walked in.

"Y/n you're finally awake!" she said.

"Wait who are you again?" I asked while sitting up.

"It's me Aoi," she said.

"Oh hi!" I said, "wait why am I here?"

"You got injured and passed out, Muichiro brought you here yesterday. Well now that you're awake here's your medicine," Aoi handed a cup of some medicine and I drank it, "now take a rest, I'll let the others know you're awake".

"Ok". Muichiro brought me here? Oh... of course he would do that if I got injured, I now feel butterflies in my stomach. I layed my body down again and slept more.

Then I woke up again. "Hello y/n did you have a nice nap?" Aoi said.

"Yeah!" 

"Here's your medicine again," I took the cup and drank it, "Shinobu will be here tomorrow to properly treat you and you will also start rehabilitation training too. Also, there's a hashira meeting soon which is a trial I think, which you will be there for. A few days of rehabilitation training will be enough for you then you can go home after that".

"Ok".

It was the next day and Aoi reminded me that there was a hashira meeting today. I then headed to the Ubuyashiki mansion. By the time I got there, I saw a strange boy lying on the floor and some kakushi around him, and the hashiras were too. 

"MY LITTLE SISTER Y/N! Are you okay?" Kyojuro said. 

"I'm doing fine onii-chan," I said.

"Oh hi y/n, want to be my fourth wife?" Tengen said.

"Uh......no" Kyojuro and I said at the same time.

"I'm joking, I'm joking chill"

"Hi y/n," Muichiro said.

"Hi Mui-kun!" 

"You're doing ok right?"

"Yeah! Also, what's the meeting for?" I asked while the boy woke up.

"We're here for this boy's trial," Kyojuro said.

"Bummer, I thought he was a demon slayer travelling with a demon so I thought we would see someone flamboyant, but that's some drab looking kid," Tengen said.

"What...who are these people?" the boy said.

"Don't open your mouth now! Just who do you think you're standing before! You're in the presence of the hashira!" a kakushi said while we stared down at him.

"This is the demon slayer corps, and you are going to be put on trial very soon, Tanjiro Kamado," Shinobu said, "now before we start the trial, why don't you explain what you have commi-".

"There is no need for a trial! Protecting a demon is against the rules so we have a right to deal with him on our own! We're going to behead him along with the demon!" Kyojuro said.

"Shouldn't we let him explain first though? He might have a good reason for protecting it. Well, no one knows but it's worth to ask first,"  I said.

"I'll behead them with max flamboyance. I'll show the most flamboyant bloodspray ever!" Tengen said.

"How pitiful the sight of this boy is....I pity him for even being born...a poor soul," Gyomei said.

"What was the shape of that cloud again? What was it called......." Muichiro said.

"Nezuko......Nezuko!" Tanjiro said.

"The hashira are speaking what are you looking at? These are the highest ranking slayers in the demon slayer corps," the kakushi said.

"Hashira....." Tanjiro said.

"Let's put him out of his misery," Gyomei said.

"Yeah!" Kyojuro agreed.

"Let's do it with style," Tengen said. Tanjiro said some random names I didn't know and will probably forget.

"Forget that, what should we do with Tomioka? He's just as guilty as this person here according to what Kocho told us. So what should we do with him? Got anything to say Tomioka?" Obanai said.

"I think it will be fine - he came along without resisting anyway. We'll come up with a penalty later. I'm just interested in hearing this boy's story. He goes on missions even though he travels with a demon despite being a demon slayer. You do know that's against the corps rules right?" Shinobu said, " Tanjiro Kamado, why are you travelling with a demon when you're a demon slayer?"

"There is no need to ask," Tengen said while putting his hands on the grips of his swords.

"Take your time, just tell us why," Shinobu said.

"She's....she's my little sister!"