Chapter 12: Cloud Gazing

(the next day)

"So they're not coming today either?" Aoi said.

"I'm sorry. I'll bring them tomorrow". Tanjiro said.

"It's fine. There's no point in bothering those two anymore! Also, y/n-san. Today is the last day you have to do rehabilitation training. You are not fully healed, but healed enough to get back on your feet. You can choose to stay here to recover completely, or go off to do your normal missions. Shinobu-sama, Kanao and I will hear your response before the end of the day".

"Ok Aoi, thanks for letting me know"

"No problem".

"I'll do my best!" Tanjiro said.

(After rehab and starting self training)

"So y/n"

"Yeah?"

"What are you going to do? Choose to stay here longer or leave?"

"Hmmm.... I'm not so sure. Training here to be a complete, fully healed person isn't a bad idea. But I still have to do my duty as the smoke hashira and complete missions to eradicate demons even though we have a 50/50 chance of dying. We can't stay here forever can we. So I guess leave. But in the end, no one is ever fully healed".

"What do you mean by that?"

"As in.... emotionally or mentally... never mind. Just start training now".

"Oh, ok y/n-san"

(Tanjiro's pov)

I wonder if y/n is ok...

I'll put myself into the methods of training Urokodaki taught me.

(y/n's pov)

I guess I'll train myself the way that otosang taught me.... but I don't want to remember him. I don't know why. It doesn't matter. What matters is training to be the strongest I can to protect people. Just a small training session for today. When I get home, I'll train harder.

Shinobu-san came to us and waved, I waved back and she gave a warming smile. Tanjiro waved back and she smiled again. And she walked away.

(timeskip to the end of the day in the dorm room)

"So how are you feeling y/n-san?" Aoi asked.

"I'm doing fine. And my response is that I'll be leaving the Butterfly estate tomorrow".

"You're LEAVING!?" Zenitsu screamed.

"Quiet down Zenitsu," Tanjiro said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE LEAVING!?"

"Well Agatsuma, I'm fully healed so I don't have to stay here any longer. So don't worry about me".

"WILL I MEET YOU AGAIN?!"

"Hmm. Maybe".

"THAT'S STILL A CHANCE!"

"You never know what will happen. However, we may meet again. Good luck with Nezuko by the way".

"NEZUKO'S LOVE FOR ME IS REAALL!!"

"HEY! DON'T YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO ME!?" Inosuke shouted.

"Hehe, never stop being hungry?"

"I'm hungry now"

"Of course you are Inosuke," Tanjiro said.

"And Tanjiro, never give up on your goal to save your sister. Or your kindness".

"Y-yes ma'am".

"There's no need to call me ma'am. We're friends right? .....are we?"

"Of course we are! Zenitsu, Inosuke, Nezuko, Aoi, Kanao.... everyone here is your friend!"