Chapter 8: A Talk With Tanjiro

I walked back to the Butterfly Estate with Tanjiro as he explained who Nezuko was and some other things.

"So Tanjiro, Nezuko is your sister correct?" I asked.

"Yep!"

"And she's a demon that isn't under Muzan's control right?"

"Yeah basically, also she doesn't eat humans, instead she sleeps for energy. One time, she slept for 2 years!"

"Oh wow, and here's a question. What would you do if Nezuko ate a human?"

"Well, then I would kill her and then commit seppuku! But I don't think it would ever happen because Nezuko has resisted for so long and adapted to just sleeping. She's amazing! And if she did eat a human, then Tomioka-san and my master Urokodaki would commit seppuku as well,"

"So three people are staking their lives on Nezuko? Oh. I don't really know Tomioka that well: I didn't know he cared for you and your sister that much. I might or might not be able to trust your sister fully. But she has my respect as a hashira. We just have to wait and see how much she progresses in her time as a demon,"

"Um, y/n-san, do you think there's a way for demons to turn back to their original self?"

"Well, I haven't had much experience as a demon slayer despite being a hashira at 14. It took me 4 months to receive the rank Kinoe. I don't know how I was able to get this far but I am very honored. Unfortunately, I don't know have any medical knowledge, so I don't really know. Chances are like uhh very low. But perhaps there people who know how to make one. I think I remember Oyakata-sama talking about a woman named Tamayo. I've heard of her knowledge and what she is capable of. Do you know her?"

"Yes! In fact, she's working on a cure to turn Nezuko back!"

"Hmm, interesting. Also, I want to know what Nezuko can do, will you tell me?"

"Well, before we came to the Butterfly Estate, we were on Mount Natagumo, and we defeated Lower Rank 5. I think Nezuko used her blood demon art and she set the demon's blood demon art on fire and made my blade stronger even though half of it was cut off. We didn't kill him though. Tomioka-san did! He's really strong and killed him in one technique only! I feel pity for Lower rank 5 though."

"It's a lower moon against a hashira. No sweat. Except for the damn Upper ranks. Several hashira were killed and eaten by them. And the positions never changed. Quite sad, but it's the past and no one can change it. All people will die one day no matter what you do. No one can bring back the dead. But the way to stay alive for centuries is to become a damn demon. But maybe one day, they will all die and face the wrath of death's grasp. And the Corps can disband. Tanjiro, why did you feel pity for the dead lower moon? Why did you become a demon slayer?"

"I joined the demon slayer corps in hopes of getting revenge on my family and my sister! And defeating the one I hate most! And um about me feeling pity. Well, I just know that demons used to be humans too. And somewhere in their hearts, a piece of their old life is always there with them, even if not noticed. They would have not become demons if it weren't for Muzan. Oh look we're here y/n-san! "

"Oh. We talked so much I forgot where we were even going. How am I supposed to explain to Shinobu what I was doing the entire day! And Aoi! And Kanao! And Sumi, Kiyo and Naho! Ugh stupid me and my decisions!"

"Hmmm.... I know! Just change into your corps uniform very quickly and then you can tell them you had an emergency mission in the middle of the night and didn't have enough time to tell anyone or write a message!"

"Phew, thanks Tanjiro. I find it hard to believe a typical Mizunoto rank like you are helping me. Let's go".

We walked inside the estate, quickly changed into my uniform and went straight in the dorm room. I stuffed my face into my pillow on my supposed bed. And then Sumi, Kiyo and Naho came in.