:new hire

"I had to fire her." 

Looking at Mikasa who sat across from you, shock-ridden across her face as she laughed without humor. You sighed lightly, as you watched her try to recover. You didn't expect to have to get rid of someone so abruptly, but that was business. Though as a woman, you were disappointed that you had to let another woman go. "She stole from this company, from all of us...I fed people's children with the money she took."

And that wasn't all. Everyone around you wanted to take your shine. Legal entities crawling down your back. Competition waiting for you to fail. And even this wouldn't be an easy solution to fix... She left the company and the company books were vandalized. You opened up your flask filled with cognac, pouring some into the coffee mug.

Everything was out of order, money missing where it shouldn't have been. She got greedy, and no matter how you felt about her, there was no dismissing what she'd done. Maybe you shouldn't drink for it to get easier but, this was you break, who cares. "So, you're going to press charges against her, right?", Mikasa asked.

You didn't respond, looking down at your coffee as she repeated herself. "Y/n, you're going to press charges, right?"

"I'll handle it between us but, I'm not interested in pressing criminal charges. But until we finish the legal proceedings, business must go on as usual. That's just how it is...." Mikasa's jaw clenched, but she left it. She knew that once you set your mind on something, you wouldn't budge. You would rather handle things amicably. 

The waiter came up to the two of you, pouring more coffee into your secretly spiked beverage. "But now I'm out a financial advisor. My current prospects aren't that promising. Either too fresh, too eager, or completely disconnected from real life. And it's any day now that the IRS hits me with some bullshit audit. ", you spoke with a sigh of disappointment. 

Mikasa gave you a look, one mixed with hope and caution, her back straightening up as she cleared her throat in proposition. She seemed like she struggled to tell you, but the look of desperation that lingered in your features left her with no choice. "I know you're not going to like this, but I do have a great prospect for you. One of the best in the business. A great financial handler, strategist, impeccable history, super quiet but, they're no pushover.."

"You're pumping them up, what's wrong?", you said, narrowing your eyes towards Mikasa. "Who is she? And when can I meet her?" you continued to inquire, as Mikasa looked to her coffee before looking back to you and your waiting face. You'd hire almost any woman at this point. 

You'd been one of the most successful corporations that were made up of the majority of women. They held higher positions. There was nothing but blouses and business skirts in the room, and that alone made you one of the most regarded (and hated) corporations to date. Sure, men worked there too...as janitors, office assistants, and entry-level clerks, but nothing noteworthy. You enjoyed the balance of your business and the family that was built in the corporation. But of course, there was competition, and the moment you were seen as a threat, your competition had been relentless."If I tell you the name, you have to schedule an interview. Regardless of who it is, okay?"

"Okay, I'll give them an interview at least. Now come on now, Mika, I've got to get back to the office.", you groaned, as she nodded, taking a deep breath before the name escaped from her lips. "Armin Arlert."