: the storm's thunder

You staddled Armin's lap, putting your Boss title to the side as you tried your best to distract him from the book he was reading, The Great  Gatsby. As determined as he was to finish the same chapter he'd finished a million times over,  Armin finally gave in to your sensual pestering. He sighed, turning his head to look at you in your mischief as he puckered his lips. Yours met him briefly, smiling even as you pulled away. 

The Great Gatsby was no match for you, his attention would be centered on you no matter what was going on. He squeezed your waist with the one arm draped around it, the other setting the book down as you kissed him lightly on his jawline, before sighing guiltily into his neck.

Armin nudged you for an explanation, feeling the sudden mood shift, and he wondered what was on your mind. You didn't hesitate to tell him. "I don't want to be the other woman."

"Y/n you're not-"

"I'm serious, Armin. I know I can't necessarily be....yours, publicly and all for my company's sake...but I don't want to be the other. It's so easy to ignore it but, my conscience is bothering me more than usual.", you spilled, as Armin waited for you to finish. He smiled softly, looking to the side, coffee creamer left out on the kitchen table next to two empty coffee cups. "That's not a reality we're in, love.", he responded calmly, running a hand through his hair as he expelled a breath. You looked up at him, confused.

"Wait- you're not...'Armella', anymore? When did this-what happen-?", you struggled to ask.

"A mutual parting after a bit of confrontation...It did happen pretty recently, but we are no more as it stands. And you, are not the other. You're my only, public or not.", Armin reassured you as you huffed, looking off to the side of him.

"Is that so? You haven't even asked me out on a date yet.", you muttered, Armin laughing in response, fixing his face with a look of fake hurt. "Well, excuseeee me, Miss she-E-O, It's been a bit hard seeing as we're protecting your reputation and company, as well as your overall legitimacy."

"Do you have a problem with that?", you asked, suddenly concerned, he called you something your mother did.  "You could always tell me..."

"No, I don't.", Armin reassured. "I don't think I ever will, even if comes to me having to leave your company to be with you. Whenever that is...whatever the case. I'm here, and I'm not going to let you slip away again...", Armin trailed off.

"Again...?", you asked blankly.

"Yeah, um...you know, that brief moment you were dating Connie and all.", he said,  laughing sheepishly to coat his lie and recover. You rose a brow before letting it go and readjusting yourself in his lap. You looked to your watch, as a reminder popped up about lunch with Mikasa and Historia in less than thirty minutes. Armin noted it, but he didn't say anything, still upset that Mikasa was being dishonest to him, although he didn't know to what degree. 

He knew that the only way to get the truth was to seek it for himself, and he didn't want to influence you. Mikasa would probably try to, but after the time you spent with Armin, Mikasa's words would fall on deaf ears. At least, this is what Armin could hope for. He kissed you for what seemed to be the last time on the couch, caressing your ass and squeezing it lightly. "You should probably get ready for lunch."