Chapter 8

Two months of being at Hogwarts had passed. Chloe like everyone else has been indulged in classes and friends. Chloe has become really good friends with Sue Li, Dizzy was enjoying Hogwarts heavily. She had large ranges to roam and could make other animals friends. Harry went to quidditch practice three evenings a week, and every morning he and Ron would wait outside Ravenclaw before heading down to breakfast in the morning. Neville was still highly secretive to the others about getting toad help from Chloe. 

It was now Halloween, their classes were cut in half due to the holiday.Chloe was so excited for charms today, that she put her hair in low pigtails with bows replacing the hair ties.  And since they mastered all the basics, Flitwick told them they were ready to make objects fly around the classroom. Everyone was excited since Flitwick made Neville's toad fly around the classroom. Professor Flitwick put the class in pairs, Harry got paired with Seamus, Ron paired with Hermione, Sue paired with Mandy, and Chloe ended up getting paired with Goyle. She wasn't too happy about that. Though Ron and Hermione were way more unhappy, Hermione hasn't spoken to them since Harry's broomstick came in. 

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation," Flitwick explained. "Or the ability to make objects fly. Uh. do you all have your feathers? Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm?" He demonstrated with his wand. "The Swish and Flick. Everyone."

"The swish and flick," everyone said together as they practiced the movements. 

"Good," Flitwick complimented. "Oh, and enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Never forget Wizard Baruffio who said 's' instead of 'f' found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest. Off you go then."

"Wingardium leviosa," everyone began to repeatedly say. 

"Wingardium levisoa!" Goyle said he flicked his wand more than he should. Nothing happened. "Wingardium leviosa!" Nothing happened. He had been having a good at it for two minutes now. 

"Uh, Goyle?" Chloe asked, he looked over at her, his ears started to turn red. "Can I try, please?"

"Y-y-yes," Goyle nodded. 

"Thank you," Chloe gave him a light smile as she turned to the feather. "Windgardium Levisoa." Her wand swished and flicked as she said it, the feather rose off their desk, hovered about four feet above their heads. 

"Oh, well done!" Flitwick cried happily. "See here, everyone. Miss. Thorne's done it! Splendid!" This got everyone working even harder.

"Wingadrium Leviosa!" Goyle said nothing happened. He turned to Chloe who was staring at the feather. "What am I doing wrong?"

"I'm not entirely sure how to explain it," Chloe admitted as lifted her hand, she hovered it over Goyle's hand that was on his wand. "May I?" He nodded, Chloe put her hand on top of Goyle's hand and started to do the flick and swish motion. Across the room, Ron saw what was happening and grew jealous, he then turned to his feather. 

"Wingardium Leviosar!" Ron shouted as he waved his arms like a windmill. 

"No, stop, stop, stop," Hermione ordered as she put her hand out. "You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-osa....not Levi-osar."

"You do it, then, if you're so clever," Ron snarled. "Go on. Go on."

Hermione rolled up her sleeves and flicked her wand. "Windgardium Leviosa!" Their feather rose up four feet.

"Oh, well, done!" Flitwick cheered again. "Well done, Miss. Granger!" Ron's mood became even sourer. 

"Windgard Leviosa," Seamus said as he began to give it another go."Wind--"