Alberu Crossman

After getting married to the Continental Hero, his dearest Cale Crossman, Alberu has been working nonstop whenever he's not simping to his partner.

Thanks to the mentioned redhead, Alberu was able to reveal his actual self and no longer needed the pendant his mother gave him though he still wore it on him unused.

However, perhaps his timing was off?

To be accepted by the citizens and get betrothed to the man of his dream, Alberu seemed to have been rushing on things from the high.

And, well, in all honesty, that newly crowned Emperor is starting to realize now that he might have bitten more than he can chew.

Dark brown hair unruly, his coffee-colored hand hasn't been stopped scribbling on papers just as much the owner of the said limb hasn't been taking proper rest in place of fulfilling his promise to his dearest.

Cale, of course, has been offering his help every time. But whenever he did, Alberu started to act like a puppy more than Choi Han ever was and begged for his attention instead of letting him work.

Which is draining to the former noble.

So, giving up on his attempt, today, Cale didn't even bother to ask again as he just went straight to bed, knowing that the quarter dark elf would likely crack tonight or so, it's been almost 2 months after their wedding and nearly a year after the monarch's inauguration after all.

Well, right on the money, as he slowly gets drowsy with sleepiness. Somewhere around midnight, he was snapped back to his senses when he heard a loud sigh coming from the small office settled in the room.

Opening his mouth as he opened his eyes as if he was pretending to be sleeping, only to be greeted by a startled face of the dark brunet.

'He looked like a deer caught in headlights'

Cale mused despite how his face showed nothing as he simply deadpannedly stared at his tired husband.

"Done acting strong, Your Majesty?"

Turning his head at the bed for two that's currently only occupied by one, The contrasting color of red on white made Alberu easily locked eyes with the Reddish-brown pair which is staring back at the dark orbs of his own.

'Ah.'

It took him a second to realize that he messed up.

Then again, Cale was someone who has survived many battles. Has slept while maintaining his alert all the time even as Kim Rok Soo.

It shouldn't be a wonder if he'd be able to wake up upon the slightest noise.

Regretting his mistake already, he stood up and get to their bed where his husband is sitting up without breaking eye contact.

"Sorry for waking you, kitten."

Kissing his forehead as he played a bit with the long hair, Alberu then said with a soft tone.

"You can go back to sleep now."

Yet, instead of complying, Cale shakes his head.

"No."

"No?"

The quarter dark elf arched a brow.

"No. Not without you"

That red-haired ex-Commander looked serious as he stared at his husband dead in the eyes.

"Just let me help you already, you stubborn punk"

As much as Cale appreciates the 'vacation time' Alberu is giving him, in return for that, he noticed that the slightly taller male hasn't been resting properly for the longest time.