Fredo von Ejellan

Soulmate.

The concept of soulmate is honestly too far fetched for someone who uses logic on daily like that red-haired transmigator.

Kim Rok Soo, or the one who bears the name Cale Henituse now, has never believed in fate and formless thoughts such as that.

Which is why, when that soon to be Vampire King was down on his knees, asking his hand in marriage and requested his consent to form a link, Cale was baffled beyond imagination.

To be partners till the very end.

Who would be sane enough to want him as their other half for the rest of their lives?

That redhead could not fathom the possibility.

So when Duke Fredo proposed him in front of that growing crowd, that ex-commander had bluntly replied with—

"Good joke. Didn't laugh tho"

He sounded so done. And at that time he did.

He was tired from a certain Guardian Knight of The North's teasings after all.

It's not like he's 30+ years old yet, geez!

'Why are these bastards keep on bugging me?'

Cale had grumbled, not knowing that the heir of Sekka's household was genuinely trying to court him out as Fredo just did.

Well, flash news to the distant future, at last, when he reached the age of 25, that redhead slowly put down his defenses and sees the Vampire King's efforts.

Fredo, who has somehow convinced Cale's family that he can be the one for the red-haired hero, finally manages to knock on the door of his heart.

Promised freedom and comfort, people thought that the mentioned two should be enough to swoon the red-haired Hero who still dreamed of a slacker life despite his standing.

Well, Fredo offered more.

He offered time. 

For the humans on Cale's side, Fredo offered rituals to change their race so that Cale wouldn't be alone and can be with them much longer.

They talked it out.

The family really talked it out. And it was only then that Cale realized that soon, only in a couple of years more, he'll have to face inevitable goodbyes again.

Just like how people left Kim Rok Soo behind.

Cale, too, has to face the death of his family again.

Broken.

The records in his mind went haywire and Cale was pulled deeper. Before he knows it, he's drowned by his own ability.

It has been so long since this has happened, and Cale was not prepared for it.

Though, it's not like he can react much when he's in that state anyway.

Fading away—

The noises, the colors, the silhouettes.

Everything fades away for him as all he could see were moments of the past while his vessel becomes an empty shell with dulled eyes.

The family was still discussing the matter when Fredo's voice filled with worry called out to the red-haired man in question.

"Cale...?"

No answer.

No reply of the sort.

There's not even a movement.