Prologue- Jeff's story

A/N: I did use some of the original story in here between I got tired and lazy, but most of it is my own writing. I will have a small A/N at the end, so be sure to stick around for that :)

Word count: 5377

======================================================

          Jeff yawned. The road to his family's new house was a long and sunny one. His dad had recently gotten a promotion at work and his mother decided it would be best to move into a bigger house in a fancier neighborhood. "Mom, are we there yet?" His mother didn't answer, humming along to the radio in the front seat. "Dad, are we almost there?" His father also seemed to not hear him, instead working on some paperwork. Jeff turned to Liu, who had his headphones in. Jef took the headphones off his brothers head. 

          "Hey!" Lin protested. "The story just got to the good part!"

          "Are we there yet?" Jeff held the headphones captive.

            Liu sighed. He was tired and trying to get some sleep. "Yes. We are almost-"

          "Boys!" Jeff's mom sang out. "We've arrived!"

          Oh thank god, Jeff thought.

          The car pulled to a stop in front of a navy blue 2-story house with white window trimmings. The yard was green and fresh, and had a lovely little row of hedges. Jeff grabbed his backpack and jumped out of the car, but his foot caught on the bottom of the seat and he fell. "I'm OK." Jeff said, hurriedly standing up and brushing himself off.

          "Don't get killed on your first day in the house Jeff. Let's save that for next week." Liu commented, also jumping from the car.

          "Pfft, I don't plan to die anytime soon. Wait til around 5 more minutes when I get bored." He laughed and picked his backpack up again. 

          Liu looked at him with concern. "Did you take your meds today?"

          "Which ones?" Jeff started walking towards the house.

          Liu rolled his eyes. "The ones that aren't your gummy vitamins."

          "Oh yeah, I took those this morning before we headed out. Although-" he paused. "I'm not sure I ate my gummies today."

          "Dumb-ass." Liu lightly smacked him upside the head with his book.

          Jeff bowed. "At your service." 

          Liu laughed and opened the door. The inside had a gray, white, light blue, and navy blue color scheme with beige wood and marble countertops. "This place is crazy." He said, turning in circles.

          Jeff started running upstairs. "First one up gets to choose their room!"

          "Goddamn it!" Liu fumbled with his backpack and began running after Jeff.

           Jeff won. He chose a spacious room with a twin-sized bed, a moderately sized closet, and two windows looking out at the backyard. Liu took the smaller one that had a loft bed with a desk underneath, a navy carpet, a smaller closet, and one window overlooking the front yard. Jeff put his bag down and flopped on his bed. I think I might like it here, he thought. Just as he was beginning to unpack, someone knocked on the door. He ran downstairs and came across his mother and father standing there talking to some lady who looked like a knock-off version of Rachel from Friends (tm). 

          "Hello," she was saying. "I'm Barbara; I live next door to you. I just wanted come over to introduce my self and welcome you to the neighborhood!"