-Assignments-

Word count: 884

A/N: This song is like Jeff's adult existence distilled into song. Listen to it :)

.....................................................................

Thunk!

The knife hit the target perfectly in the middle. "N-Nice one." Toby grabbed his hatchet and threw it at the target next the Jeff's knife, also hitting the center.

"You do know the compliment is ruined when you do the same thing, but better." Jeff commented.

"Y-Yeah, well. Good p-practice." Toby retrieved his two hatchets and left.

Jeff sighed. It was so boring here. No one ever did anything other than train, eat, go on missions, and sleep. He grabbed the knife and got back into the throwing position.

Jeffery.

He turned on his heel; knife poised to throw. A tall faceless man in a dark suit stood in the doorway. Slenderman.

Time for assignments.

"I'm coming, be there in a sec." he said. Slenderman nodded and promptly disappeared. Jeff took the target for the tree and placed it in the shed. Then he walked inside, grabbing his hoodie off one of the many end tables. Jeff arrived in the main room on the first floor. Only a few of the 'guests' had gathered there. Jane was arguing with Toby. Laughing Jack, Candypop, and Jason were debating the best way to trap a child. Helen was sitting on the couch drawing while Clockwork watched. Hoodie and Masky were on a longer assignment. They haven't been back for a week.

Everyone pay attention. Slenderman pulled a crisp white piece of paper from his breast pocket. Natalie, you will hunt the Andersons. Their son spotted one of you yesterday and he has most likely told his family. Jane, you will accompany her. Tobias, you will be keeping watch over the mansion. Zalgo has been getting bold lately. Helen, you will guard with him. Candypop, Jack, Jason, you all are free this week. Jeffery, you will be collecting the newest resident. Here is his address and a letter with information for you. I have left your  chore lists on all your doors. Good luck to all of you. He disappeared again leaving the room to dissolve into conversations as everyone drifted off to  do their tasks.

Jane walked up to Jeff. "God, I was supposed to get the retrieving assignment this week." She huffed.

"Guess I'm just better than you." He shrugged and started heading upstairs to grab some supplies.

"That's bullshit. He just chose you because he doesn't want you hanging around here making holes in all the targets and blowing up the kitchen."

"That was ONE TIME." Jeff reached his door and punched in the passcode while Jane raged on how she was better than him and how she still can't use the oven.

1317

"I'm so dreadfully sorry to put a break to the conversation, but I have actually have an important job to do. Ta ta." He walked inside, leaving a very pissed-off Jane at the doorway. 

Jeff took off his hoodie and threw it on one of the beds. All the mansions rooms had two beds, just in case someone's room got destroyed. It happens a lot more than you'd think. His room was small, but cozy. Some random rock music played in the background, probably 3 Days Grace. A couple posters hung on the walls; MCR and Green Day. There was a bathroom with a shower, a small living area with a PS5 that Jeff stole last week, a mini fridge and a closet. 

Jeff walked into the closet where he kept extra knives, food, bandages, and water bottles. Most of this stuff, he stole from houses he 'visited'. 

He retrieved  a spare navy blue backpack and started putting some supplies in. Alrighty, 6 bottles of water, some granola bars. Should I bring the Nutella? Yeah sure, why not. Some bandages, in case I run into the police again. Jeff winced, remembering the 2 bullets that had made themselves cozy in the flesh of his arm. An extra hoodie, 2 extra knives. I'll make some better food. 

Jeff came out of the closet. He grabbed his iPod and ear pods. Slender doesn't allow cell phones or iPads. Really, any contact to the outside world is forbidden. He looked around the small space. "Welp." He commented, placing his hands on his hips. "Farewell, you piece of shit."

A bark sounded behind him. Jeff turned and exclaimed happily, "Smiles!" The dog ran up to him wagging his tail, almost as if to say, You weren't gonna leave without saying goodbye. "Bye buddy. I'll be gone for a few days, ok? I'll miss you." Smile barked again, then jumped on a bed, turned in circles and promptly lay down. 

Jeff put his hoodie back on, slung the backpack over his shoulder and headed out, stopping by the kitchen to grab some Cup O' Noodles, some apples, a couple sodas, and a sandwich. He waved goodbye to Toby and Helen on his way out. They were trying to see if Toby could actually lick his elbow. Jeff rolled his eyes. Younglings, he thought, even though Toby was older than him.

He turned around and looked at the dark mansion. 

I have a feeling I won't be seeing you for a while, he thought. Then he turned back and began walking.

.................................................................................

A/N: This ones a bit shorter, sorry 😅.

Q: Favorite CP?

A: Probably EJ.

Make sure to eat, sleep, and stay hydrated!

...look at me being all hypocritical and shit.

Bye!

-C