-Evening pt.3-

A/N: Will I ever stop with the evenings?

Yes. Yes I will. But not today (>v<)

Word count: unknown, Wattpad's being annoying T^T

============================================

Jack stared at him. "Excuse me?"

Jeff rolled his eyes. "You heard me, go ahead and eat."

"I'm not a fucking dog. You can't just put me on a leash!"

"1, I already did and 2, the 'leash' is the only way I'm letting you eat. Your choice, starve or go get your food." Jeff gestured to the squirrels, which lay limply on the log a few feet away. 

Jack grumbled and stood up. He walked over the squirrels and pulled out a scalpel from his pocket. Carefully lining up the scalpel over the squirrels abdomen, he cut into the fur and flesh. Jack reached in and pulled out the small squirrel kidney. He repeated the motions on the other squirrel. Holding the kidneys in his hand, he inspected them. They were around the size of (ironically) a kidney bean. Jack popped them into his mouth like pills. 

He turned to Jeff. "That was like the equivalent of an apple. I either need more kidneys, or a bigger one." 

Jeff covered a spot on his abdomen where he thought his kidney was. "Not mine."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Are you stupid? I said I wasn't going to eat yours."

"To put this bluntly, I don't trust you." Jeff crossed his arms, still grasping the chain.

"I don't trust you either. How the hell am I supposed to trust someone who doesn't even know where their kidney is?" Jack wiped his hands on his hoodie, put the cap back on the scalpel, and slipped it back into his pocket.

Jeff looked down. He poked himself in the stomach. "Well then where the fuck is it?"

Jack rolled his eyes again. He was probably going to be doing that a lot. Jack started walking over to Jeff, who stumbled back. "What?"

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Showing you where your kidney is." Jack crossed his arms. "Duh."

Jeff relaxed a bit. "Oh.." 

Jack grabbed Jeff's hand and placed it right under his ribs. "Right there. They're actually deeper in your body, but that's the general area."

"Information gained." 

Jack let out a rough laugh. "You would need to know a lot more information about the body to go to my collage."

"Yeah well, that's why I didn't go to collage. I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag." Jeff shrugged.

"How would you know?" Jack realized his hand was still covering Jeff's and let go quickly, but Jeff didn't seem to notice.

"I just do. It's like instinct." Jeff  glanced at the chain in his hand. "Do you want the handcuffs back or..?"

Jack groaned. "Honestly, I like this more. At least I can move my hands."

"Alright." Jeff walked over to the campfire then looked back at Jack. "You coming?"

"I don't really have a choice, do I?"

"Nah."

                                                                              *****

Jack walked over to Jeff, who was rummaging through his backpack. He studied the man sitting across from him. He had shoulder-length black hair that was chopped haph-haszerdly, chalk-white skin covered in what looked like burn scars. His eyes were a very very pale blue, so pale you could barely see the iries. His ears had multiple piercings, mostly silver, but one was a pink gold circle. 

"Done checking me out?" Jack jumped. Jeff had straighted up, holding a bag of white things, a small blue box, and a couple chocolate bars. 

"Beside the point, what's that?" Jack, eager to change the subject, pointed at the stuff Jeff was holding. 

"Ah, forgot to ask you. Can you still eat, like, normal food?"

Jack nodded. "Yes, it just doesn't fill me up or anything, but I can still enjoy it."

"Good."

"Why?"

Jeff held up the stuff. "I thought we could make S'mores."

"What." Honestly, the guy was like a kid one minute and the fucking Joker the next. Innocent to cocky in 3.5 seconds.

"Are you kidding me. You don't know what S'mores are?" Jeff stared incredulously.

Jack shook his head. Jeff stood up and came to sit next to him. "OK, so first you have the graham cracker, then you put chocolate on it." Jeff placed these items on the log between him and Jack. "Then you toast the marshmallow with-" he looked around then lunged off the log to grab two sticks. "These!" He held them up while still on the ground.

"Was that necessary? It's not like the sticks were going to run away." Jack commented.

"Moving on-" Jeff sat back down. "Then you get another graham cracker then boom! S'more!"

"Huh."

"I used to make these all the time with my brother in our old house, they're really fun." Jeff handed Jack a stick, some graham crackers, chocolate, and opened the bag of marshmallows.

Jack laughed as he watched Jeff try to eat his still-flaming marshmallow. He liked Jeff; he brought some humor into Jack's life. It's a shame that I won't be here much longer.

========================================

A/N: Oh noes  (>-<)

Q: What's your favorite ship?

A: This one ^ 

Bye dears, don't forget to vote/comment, it really helps my story get more reads!

-C