Chapter 2 Conversating

///////A Little While Later, At School//////
Amber POV
I was walking down the halls of Grant High School, pur usual - until I stopped at a very formilor brunette's locker, standing a couple of feet away, I walked over to her with a smile.

Amber: "Hello Iris, got all the notes for our history test done?"

Iris: "Got over Jonah yet?" she asked as if I did something wrong. She turned her head towards me as I responded.

"Well. no-- not really but--" I said hesitantly.

"Exactly, so what makes you think I got it done? Besides, I got a life beyond boyfriends, ya know?" She said with annoyance in her tone while grabbing one of her notebooks from out of her locker, then quickly slamming it shut,

I snap back while rolling my eyes in annoyance "well at least I don't spend my days sitting around on my bed all day singing little songs thinking that all of my dreams would magically come true" I say with a hint of anger in my tone.

We then walked beside each other down the hallway to our 1st period class, Geography, I hated Geography. All I would ever do in that class is sleep or check my social media. Iris, on the other hand, seems to really enjoy that class. She's always writing notes or paying close attention to whatever the teacher is saying in such class.

"I have a shift at the Spoon today. If you want, you could come and join me," I said while looking at her.

"And?" She replies with a bit of annoyance while rolling her eyes faintly.

"Well, I know a couple of middle schoolers who would be over the moon to see you," I said while softly smiling.

"Alright, but only for them," she responded while looking at me dead in the eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED...