Chapter 3 The Spoon

/////////After School, At The Spoon/////////
Iris POV
Once me and Amber arrived at the small diner, we saw the Spoon's most visited customers already seated. Amber then quickly scrambled behind the counter to go towards the restroom to go and get changed into her waitress uniform. I, on the other hand, made my way towards the small group of teens sitting at one of the booths within the restaurant.

Iris: "Hello, everyone," I said shyly with a small smile.

"Hey Iris," the small group of teens respond.

I then decided to sit down, I sat beside Jonah. He's the only one I would ever consider sitting with at the moment.

"How's Amber been holding up?" he asks in curiosity.

"Not so well," I respond.

"Anyways," Jonah said with a smile. "How have you been?".

"Umm, alright, I guess," I responded with a hint of fear.

I assume Jonah picked up on it because his next facial expression was one of concern, but once he was going to reply, Amber came with a basket of baby taters and four milkshakes.

"Iris," Amber asked. "Do you want one too?".

"Yes, please," I responded sweetly,

Amber then smiled as she was going to the counter to go and get an extra, "alright," she responded while lightly nodding her head, then walked away.

A couple minutes later, she returned with a chocolate milkshake in hand and handed it to me, I carefully grasped the cold drink and placed it on the table. I took a small yet slow sip of the refreshing drink as Buffy looked at me with question.

"So Iris, what brings you here to the Spoon?".

"Well," I began. "I thought why not hang out with my other friends and--" Suddenly, as I was about to finish my sentence, Buffy interrupted me.

"Considering you're Cyrus' ex and Amber's friend," she looked at me with annoyance. "What? are you spying for her while she's on duty today?"

"W- What? N- no, I'm just trying to -" I said shyly, but yet again, she cuts me off.

"Whatever," Buffy said while rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Andi then decides to put in our little disagreement to try and lighten up the mood. She says curiosity, "Buffy, can we talk?" she gestures her to head towards the restroom, Buffy nods in response. Moments later, the two girls darted off to the restroom to go and talk.

"Women, am I right?" Cyrus says to try and lighten the mood.

Jonah looks at him kinda annoyed "Cyrus, not helping" he then turns his towards me which gives a sense of fear as to what he's about to say next "Iris" he begins, "would you want to go somewhere where there's a little less drama" he says with question, "I mean considering you don't look so well and I could tell when something is up with one of my friends".

I responded hesitantly. "a-" alright. " I nodded my head slightly. Jonah and I then got up from out the booth and walked out towards the front door, leaving Cyrus alone back inside.

TO BE CONTINUED...