Chapter five

~[Y/N]'s POV~
When I woke up early this morning I turned around and saw Bucky staring at me. Smiling. Gosh, he looks so beautiful. He was still here. I don't know why, but I expected him to be gone when I wake up. I have to say, I'm glad that he's not.

"Good morning [Y/N]. Have you slept well?", he asked and gently brushed my hair with his fingers. This little gesture caused butterflies to freak out in my stomach.

"Better than ever." I answered,  not lying at all. I really feel like last night was the best sleep I had in years. Ever since mum died, I felt more vulnerable. Unprotected. I remember how my mum used to come into my room and hold me in her arms, when I was little, because I was afraid of thunder and lightning.

*narrator*
Thunder was rumbling and the storm raged outside. [Y/N] crawled herself into her blanket and she hid in the corner of her room, covering her ears. Crying. It wasn't new that [Y/N] was afraid of this kind of weather. She always feared that a lightning bolt could hit her when she wasn't paying attention.

She stayed like that for a few minutes, until she heard a knock on her door, which caused her to flinch. It was her mother. She heard [Y/N] crying and she was worried about her daughter.

"What's wrong darling?" her mother asked. When [Y/N] pointed silently to the window and the thunder noise was heard again, Katherine smiled and sat down beside her daughter.

She pulled [Y/N] into a tight hug and softly placed a kiss on her hair. Katherine tried to calm her daughter down and she knew exactly how to do it. This happened often. She swayed her back and forth in her arms and started to hum a melody. Her voice was so soft. This was the first thing [Y/N] ever heard from her mother. Right after she was born, her mother took her in her arms and sang the exact same melody. This always had huge power over her. [Y/N] had this feeling of safety somehow, whenever she heard her mother singing like that.

It wasn't a surprise that [Y/N]'s fear subsided and she snuggled into her mother's arms. Katherine didn't stop to hum until her daughter was fast asleep. She then carried [Y/N] back to her bed and placed another kiss on her forehead.

"Good night my little baby."

****
~[Y/N]'s POV~
I looked down at my cereals, lost in thoughts. Thoughts about Bucky. About our talk last night. It wasn't the same, but somehow his presence makes me feel almost as safe as I felt when mum was still alive.

"Mr. Stark asks for everyone's presence in the main hall. He's got something to tell." I heard JARVIS saying. This voice always sends shivers through my body, because I never really expect him - or her - it? - to talk. Anyways, it must be important if it can't wait after breakfast. Whatever..

*in the main hall*
"So guys, there's something we need to talk about. Especially with you Thor." Tony said, looking very serious. 'If all this is about Thor, then why do I have to be here?'. I really wanted to ask him that, showing that I think my presence here wasn't really needed. But I chose not to, because every time Tony is as serious, I'm kinda afraid of him. Okay, afraid may not be the right word. Maybe, I just respect him truly. After all, I still don't want to quench my idol. He could end my time here instantly. I don't think he would, but I don't want to test it.

"What are you talking about?" I heard Thor asking.

"Well, we have found out that a certain brother of yours decided to visit us. Earth."

"Loki? He's here? What should my ass of a brother want here, he was never interested in Midgard."

I learned from Thor, that Midgard was what they called Earth in Asgard. Oh, and Loki is his adoptive brother. According to Thor, he is an ass. Let me quote him: 'Loki really is the worst, you don't want to meet this idiot.'