Chapter seven

*a few days later*
I was still half sleeping, when I heard a knock at my door. Ugh it's not even 6 am.
I decided not to react, hoping that whoever decided to interrupt me while sleeping, would just disappear. To my disappointment, they didn't.

"What?!" I said annoyed. I wanted to scream, but I was still too tired so I couldn't. As soon as I'm awake, I will beat the hell out of them for waking me up.

"Good Morning sunshine." an amused voice shouted into my room and turned the lights on. It was Pietro. Of course, who else would be this annoying..

"Get your ass out of the bed, you have to get ready for our mission."

Did he just say our mission? Suddenly I was wide awake. "What do you mean 'our' mission? I never was told that I had to go there with you." I actually was a bit disappointed. I have to say that I hated it to be stuck in this rivalry with him sometimes. Well, it can be funny but when he wins our arguments I just get annoyed. I'm bad at losing.

"Can't let you have all the fun alone! I wouldn't miss that one little witchie.", Pietro laughed.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT, MAXIMOFF!" I shouted and threw a pillow after him, which he caught and instantly threw back at me, meeting my face.

"Be ready in a few, we'll meet outside in 30." Pietro just said and left the room. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head. Even though I'm actually excited about my first mission, my joy became less once I knew that I wasn't even allowed to go alone. Well, it was a big step for dad to even let me go, so I guess we have to take tiny steps forward. I'll manage all that and soon they'll realize that I am one of their best. Or that I can be one of their best if they just let me show what I'm capable of.

When I was done and I wanted to go outside to meet Pietro, I met dad at the front door waiting for me. I smiled and stepped closer to hug him.

"I'll be fine dad. Don't worry, Maximoff and I can handle that." I almost whispered against his chest.

"I know you can. But I'll never stop worrying about my daughter." dad replied and softly kissed my forehead.

"I'll take care of our little witchie, Strange!" I heard Pietro shouting from the car outside. He never knows when to shut up. But he's right, he's always there for me. I just hope that he won't take everything from me today. I don't wanna miss the fun either.

Dad just rolled his eyes and nodded to Pietro, assuring me to keep going. I know that dad always said he somehow didn't like Maximoff, but secretly he was damn glad about how caring he was. About me. What I'm also pretty sure about: Pietro can be annoying, but it definitely wasn't him who suggested to join the mission. It was dad.

I sat down in the car next to Pietro and we held eye contact for a moment, before a smirk appeared.

"Ready?" he asked and slightly punched my left arm.

"Always, of course." I replied and turned the music on for a little distraction. He laughed a bit and even I had to smile when Pietro started driving.
Let the show begin.

"So, you know the plan? Better repeat it once more, just to be sure." Pietro nudged me and I rolled my eyes in response.

"Inside the building I have to look for Valentin Iwanow, he's one hydra agent. I'm supposed to get near him to place a bug so we can trace what their plans are. My role is May, a tourist from Spain that is looking for some company. I will try to get into a conversation with Mr. Iwanow while you infiltrate Alexander Pierce's apartment. Mr. Pierce should be in my building as well. I'm pretty sure that our information is correct about him getting a few drinks with his agents. If something goes wrong, I'll direct to the back door and try to escape a fight. If not possible, I will, like you said so correctly, 'kick their asses'."