BETRAYED, BRO AND BANISHED

"Tonight is going to be the best night ever" I thought, as I walked up the hill and past the tree. While training with the Amazons was fun, Camp Half Blood would always be my home. And I missed it. I stood at the top of the hill, surveying camp for a little bit, watching as people began to disperse from the campfire. I was about to walk down when a Iris Message appeared before me. It was Nico.

"Hey Nico, didn't know your dad would let you off the hook that fast.

Nico shuddered. "Well, he didn't exactly let me off, but instead of doing one year of patrol, I only need to do six months!"

"Erm, why is your dad being so nice?" I asked.

"Haha, because I mentioned that listening to 'Friday' and 'Jam' would be good as eternal punishment. He's drowning himself in nectar and alcohol right now because it was so bad. So, I have you to thank for cutting my punishment in half, even though accompanying you got me there in the first place."

I laughed. "Nah, don't thank me, thank Thalia. She's the one that mentioned it."

There was a crashing sound in the back, and yelling. Nico's eyes widened. "Oh crap, I think Dad's destroying all the music players, I gotta go and stop him before he attacks my stuff! Bye!" He waved his hands through the mist, and the connection cut.

Hehe. That was funny. The mortals were making their own punishments.

I walked down and went straight to the Big house. I met Chiron when I was half way there.

"Percy, my boy, you're back! I take it your, ah, quest was successful?" Chiron asked

"Um, how did you know? But to answer your question, is was extremely successful" I replied, smiling happily.

"Athena told me that you went on a "quest". And I can only think of a few things that Athena would want you to do. So I put two and two together, and I get four!" Chiron said, grinning.

"That figures. Where's Annabeth?" I asked.

Suddenly, he turned away from me, shifting just slightly so that I couldn't stare at him straight in his eyes.

"I don't know, why don't you go to the Athena cabin and ask them? She's been extremely busy lately" Chiron replied.

I had an uneasy feeling, but I brushed it off. "Alright, thanks Chiron" I said. I walked off, heading straight to the Athena cabin, greeting my old friends and new campers as I walked there. They were all quite surprised to see me. As I reached the Athena cabin, I noticed that the owls eyes seemed to move and follow me. Maybe it was just my imagination. I knocked, and Malcolm, Annabeth's second in command, opened the door.

"Hey Percy, long time no see, where you been?" he asked.

"I was on a quest, so to speak, Athena gave it to me herself, and forbade me to tell anyone even though I think Chiron knows about it" I replied. "Where's Annabeth? Chiron told me to ask you guys, he said that she was very busy"

Malcolm's eyes suddenly dropped, and he fidgeted. "Annabeth? Oh right, she gave me this letter to give to you when you came back" he said, reaching into his pocket to pull out the envelope.

"Ah ok, thanks Malcolm".

"I suggest you go to the beach to read it, you seem to be attracting a lot of attention..."

"Will do". In all honesty, I was rather disappointed, this wasn't how I envisioned myself of talking and meeting with Annabeth, but I went to the beach, and slit open the envelope and read the letter:

Dear Percy,

Where have you been these past few months? Chiron says he doesn't know, even though I am willing to swear on the Styx that he knows, and he doesn't wish to tell me. And mother just says that I'll know in time. You're not cheating on me, are you?