AFTER DEATH AND CHAOS

Guys, I am really sorry for not updating. To tell you the truth because of the my half yearlies exams I was not able to update. So here is the chapter

Slowly, darkness closed in on him, and as it closed in, Percy had the sensation that he was falling. He tried reaching out to grab onto something, anything, to stop himself from falling, but he didn't have the strength to move.

I'm sorry Artemis. I failed you. I'm sorry. Percy thought sadly as he fell through the blackness.

After a short while of endless blackness, the light around him turned dark grey, and slowly turned to a light, visible grey. Then he felt his feet land on something solid and substantial. He looked around and, unsurprisingly, found himself at DOA Studios, the most common and popular gateway to the Underworld. And as usual, Charon was sitting behind his desk, dressed up in a resplendent Italian suit with such ridiculous fineries that Percy could only gap and stare.

His coat alone was black brocaded velvet decorated with platinum buttons and cloth-of-silver, and from what Percy could tell with Charon sitting down, it had a cinched waist with flaring knee-length tails, his huge, triple layered cuffs paneled in orange and black and decorated with gold buttons. Under his coat, he wore a tunic of the finest silk, which in turn was under a loose black neck-cloth.

"I see you've put my drachmas to good use, Charon." Percy said with a smile as he walked towards the desk. His smile disappeared however, as Charon didn't even give the slightest sign that he had heard.

"Charon? Hello? Charon?" Percy said, standing right in front of the desk. Again, Charon did not move. Percy frowned and leaned forward so his mouth was right next to Charon's ear. Even this close, Charon did not seem to notice Percy's presence at all.

"CHARON! ARE YOU THERE?! CAN YOU SEE OR HEAR ME?!" Percy bellowed at the top of his substantial voice.

This time, Percy got a reaction. Charon literally shot out of his chair so hard and fast that he smashed into the ceiling, screaming as he did so before he crumpled onto the floor in an undignified heap, which was promptly followed by a string of curses.

"What the Hades was that for?!" Charon bellowed, turning around and staring at the various shades and ghosts who were staring wild-eyed with fear at him.

Then Charon seemed to notice Percy standing less than an inch in front of him. His mouth dropped wide open as he stared, gaping like a goldfish before he frowned.

"Percy Jackson? You're dead? What happened to you?" Charon asked.

"Yes, I'm dead. And what do you mean, what happened to me?" Percy said.

"Look at you. You're practically transparent! Invisible! I can barely see your outline! If it weren't for the fact that I can see any dead spirit, I would've missed you completely." Charon said, pointing at Percy's body.

Percy frowned and looked down. And if he were alive, he would've crapped his pants.

As Charon had said, he was basically transparent. He could see everything through him, with almost no distortion at all. He didn't look like a ghost. He looked more like the outline of a ghost.

"Wh-What happened?" Percy asked, moving his arms around. He was shocked that he could barely see his own arms.

"I have no idea. But I'm afraid that's not your troubles. I mean, that is going to be a major problem, but it's not your problem right now." Charon said.

"If being practically invisible isn't a problem, then what is?" Percy growled.

"I didn't say being invisible isn't a problem, actually, being invisible will lead you to your big problem..."Charon trailed off, unsure of how to phrase his next words.