PERCY'S GRAVE, NEW POWERS AND ANOTHER GREAT PROPHECY

Artemis

When Oceanus had gotten killed by Percy and Poseidon, the bonds holding the Gods, Immortals and Hunters together fell apart.

The instant her bonds crumbled, Artemis rushed forward to Percy as he fell face forward straight towards the ground. She caught him an instant before he crashed to the ground and gave a gasp of shock at just how quickly her arms and legs were drenched and coated in blood. Mortal blood.

Artemis gently flipped Percy over so that she could see his face and tenderly cradled Percy's head against the crook of her shoulder. She winced as she saw how many bruises he had, all over his face, his stomach, his legs, his arms, and... his chest. Or what remained of his chest. The right side of his chest was ripped out, and was bleeding so heavily that it was as if someone had turned on a sink connected to several gallons of blood. It was the worst wound Artemis had ever seen, and that was saying a lot, considering how many battles she'd been in.

And all because he wanted to protect her.

Tears began crawling down her face as she tenderly put a hand on his chest and tried to heal him. She was surprised when Percy's hand closed around her wrist.

"Artemis..." Percy whispered, his eyes fluttering open to stare into her own.

"Percy, stay still. I can-I can heal it." Artemis said, even though she knew it wasn't true.

Percy knew also. He gave a chuckle, or at least tried to, but instead it sounded like a choking gurgle.

"Arty, you know...as well as I do, that this is...a fatal wound." Percy gasped out, his mouth twitching just slightly.

"Percy, please, I can-" Artemis whispered quietly.

"No Artemis." Percy replied, just as quietly.

"Percy please...I'm begging you, don't leave me..." Artemis choked out.

"My time has come." Percy whispered.

"Percy...you can't. You can't just-just leave me." Artemis said, and then, even though it was not an appropriate moment, she blushed. "I mean us." She corrected quickly.

"Artemis... promise me. Promise that the campers...the surviving campers...that have been through the Titan War..." Percy faltered for a moment as he took several shallow breaths, then he continued, "They deserve immortality too. If they want it. Please. Promise me." Percy said, his grip on Artemis's wrist tightening.

"I promise." Artemis said, tears streaming down her face. She heard some more footsteps behind her and an instant later, her Hunters swarmed around her and Percy, creating a ring of protectiveness. Right behind them were the Immortal Campers.

"Hey Thalia, Frank, Tracy, Nico-o..." Percy coughed weakly and tried to form his friends and sisters' name, but couldn't as he coughed up more blood and it leaked out the corner of his mouth.

"Percy... stop. We-we know." Thalia said, crying as she used the cuff of her sleeves to wipe Percy's blood away from his mouth.

Percy's gaze flicked behind Artemis and she felt Poseidon and Hestia approach.

"Hey dad...my patron..." Percy swallowed and gasped before he spoke again, a little softer than before. "Dad...Blackjack, his friends..."Percy stopped and choked again.

"Son, I understand. I promise." Poseidon said sadly. Artemis could tell he was doing the best he could not to cry, but judging from his facial expression, it wouldn't last.

"Apollo. Please, can't you heal him? Do something? Anything?" Artemis asked her brother desperately.

"I'm sorry Artemis, but I truly cannot do anything. The Black Death damaged him too much, he is...beyond repair, so to speak." Apollo said with genuine sadness.