ii. the devil's eyes

𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀

CHAPTER TWO"the
devil's eyes" ❝

tw: implied sexual
assault, abuse

BLYTHE SAT DOWN BY LIAM AS THE THREE BOYS PLAYED RANDOM VIDEO GAMES. she laughed as carl was trying to figure out how to play. it had probably been several years since he'd seen anything remotely close to a video game.

"no, no," blythe reached over, "put your hands like this, this button is what triggers the gun," she moved his hands around. carl briefly gazed over at her, his cheeks slightly pink.

upon seeing this, liam yanked bly away, "I'm sure he can figure it out."

bly frowned, "I was just trying to help."

"I'm sure you were," liam said, now angry.

"jesus says calm down, liam," she said, crossing her arms.

aside from the constant bickering between bly and liam, carl slowly figured the game out.

"bradley, I think I finally understand it," he said with a short laugh as he killed off the game players.

"I'm proud of you grimes," she said with a smile.

liam shook his head at the interaction between the two, "bly can you get us some water?"

blythe looked at her angry boyfriend's expression. she could almost laugh at him.

"You're capable of getting water yourself," she responded, staring him down.

"we're in the middle of a game, baby," he said, in a dark tone.

blythe tilted her head, not taking any of his shit.

"I can help you," carl said, placing the controller down.

"no you won't," liam glared, "you're in the middle of a game."

carl shook his head, "I died, so i can help her for a moment." he was right, his guy was laying in a pool of blood, most likely rons doing.

blythe smirked at liam while standing up, "thank you, grimes."

stepping over liam, she leaned down to whisper in his ear, "backfire."

liam clenched his fist around the controller, containing his anger.

"come on," she grabbed carl's arm and led him out of the room.

entering the kitchen, blythe grabbed five waters from the refrigerator.

"here," she tossed two of them at the boy.

leaning against the refrigerator, blythe opened a bottle and downed half of it.

carl watched, wondering if he should say something.

she caught his stares, "what?"

"oh, um—" carl looked away for a second, "I, uh, can tell liam doesn't like me."

blythe scoffed, "he hardly likes ron."

"why do you hang around him then?" carl asked.

bly shrugged, "entertainment, I guess," that was a white lie, but what could she say.

carl frowned, "really?"

she laughed, "okay, listen here grimes, I don't need help with my relationship."

he raised his hands in defense, "I wasn't—"

"good, because I'm happy," she paused, "I've got a great boyfriend," it was like she was trying to convince herself, "and I love my life!"