vii. cherry blossoms

𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀

CHAPTER SEVEN-"cherry
blossoms" ❝

▇▇▇▇▇▇ SOMETHING RICK GRIMES NEVER IMAGINED HE'D SEE, WAS HIS OWN SON COVERED IN FLOUR. granted, so was the kitchen, and the counters, and the floor. everything was coded with the light white dust. everything included blythe bradley. her hair was completely white, carl's hat that rested on her head was also full of flour.

he tilted his head at the two laughing teenagers, "what the hell happened in here?" he asked with a light smile.

carl brushed some flour from his face, "oh, dad, I-uhm, somehow dropped the bowl of flour, it got everywhere."

the two kept out the part where they purposely had a flour fight.

rick nodded, giving them a look, "just-uh, clean up afterwards, okay?"

"sure thing, mr. grimes!" bly called, brushing the powder from her arms.

bly held in a snicker as the man walked away, very confused. carl shook his head, flour flying everywhere in the process.

"hopefully we didn't need all that flour," carl said, still dusting himself off.

bly raised a hand and rubbed some powder from his cheek, "well, let's hope it turns out."

she reached up, grabbing his hat, she shook it, sending a white clouds around them.

"shit this is a big mess," she said, realizing that everything was covered in the kitchen.

"well, we got until seven to clean up," he stated, "also making the desserts."

"yeah, yeah," she waved it off, "I'll begin mixing everything, do you mind grabbing a broom and sweeping some of this up?"

carl shrugged, "no problem."

after a few failed attempts of brooming, and a sweeping lesson from bly, carl had the floor looking better than it was before.

bly had the gram crackers smashed and mixed with egg, on top was a thin layer of chocolate and honey, she then poured some cake mix on top of it all to hold it together.

when the cupcakes came out, she'd sprinkle some honey on top.

a recipe handed down by her mom, bly cherished the only thing she had left of her mom.

"bly!" carl called.

she snapped out of her state, looking over at the boy, "what?"

"the timer, it went off five minutes ago, couldn't you hear it?" he asked, tilting his head.

"oh shit," she opened the oven to reveal the crispy topped cupcakes.

grabbing a towel, bly grabbed out the pan.

"hey, careful with that-" carl began, he didn't figure a towel would keep away the burning hot metal.

he was correct, "ah, fuck!" bly quickly set down, the pan, releasing it with a loud thump.

she pulled away her hand with a curse, "shit."

bly cradled her burnt hand, "what was I thinking!" she exclaimed, "hot-pad, not a towel!"

carl was quick to her side, "crap, do you need ice?"

bly bit her lip, trying to move the pain from her hand, "uhm, turn the water on please, on cold."