v. snake in skin

𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀 

CHAPTER FIVE"snake in skin" ❝

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ BLYTHE WOKE UP TO SOFT LIPS AGAINST HER WARM SKIN. she was now very awake, but kept her heavy eyes closed. she could already see the golden sunlight seeping through the window curtains. a hand brushed her hair away from her face.

as she blinked her eyes to adjust, she seen liam smiling down at her, "morning bly."

blythe smiled back, "morning, what's the giddy mood for?"

he shrugged, "It's a new day," he said, "I thought I'd make you breakfast, then maybe go for a morning walk."

bly hummed sleepily, "that sounds nice."

liam tugged the blankets off from her, "get up then, eggs are getting cold."

she nodded, watching as liam left the room.

her mind raced back to last night's events. she got butterflies thinking about the blue eyed boy.

she pictured his smile and his laughter, god, carl was invading her mind like some kind of disease.

bly rolled off the bed, groaning from the previous back injury in the process.

whatever ron did helped, the bruises weren't a dark purple, now just discolored.

she yawned, stretching her arms into the air, her long shirt lifted above her waist while she did so.

quickly slipping some shorts on, bly wrapped her hair in a bun. liam impatiently yelled from the kitchen, "hurry up, bly."

blythe booked it into the kitchen, following the sweet scent of waffles.

just as predicted, there was a stack of waffles on the table, steaming.

"holy shit," she exclaimed, "where'd you get the waffles?"

"I had one of the guys grab some on their run," he said, placing a plate into her hands, "apparently it was the last box."

blythe hadn't had waffles since before the apocalypse hit. oh, how she missed waffles.

"unfortunately we don't have syrup," liam frowned, "however, we got some fresh honey that you harvested."

bly was some-what of a bee keeper, it was like a hobby for her.

this way it helped occupy her time and help the community.

she hummed, "yes, please!"

dousing the waffles in raw honey, blythe thought her soul left her body with just one bite.

"this," she took another bite, "this is beyond amazing."

liam smiled, "you like it?"

she nodded, "this shit is good."

he interrupted her meal by giving her a tender kiss. liam could taste the sweet honey on her lips.

bly went along with it, she just wanted to eat her waffles but in process, she didn't want liam angry.

she pulled away with a slight smile.

liam ran his hand down her head, playing with her flyaways, "you're so beautiful, bly."

she swallowed the sweet heaven and gave him a forced smile, "thank you."

liam chuckled, leaving back in his chair, "you never fail to amuse me."