viii. cinderella's shoes p. one

𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀

CHAPTER EIGHT—
" cinderella's shoes, part one " ❝

IT TURNED OUT THAT CARL WAS ACTUALLY GREAT AT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. he followed every word blythe had said, forming the most perfect cherry pie. the top was crisp and browned and the design was a simple heart (which the cherry mix bled through making it look quite gruesome.)

"how about that," bly said, "you did it."

carl sheepishly grinned, "well, I couldn't have done it without your instruction."

"you're a good listener, carl grimes," she said with a proud smile.

"you're a good teacher, blythe bradley," he responded, tossing a towel over his shoulder, while he observed his piece.

"carl, have your seen rick?" a woman called, "I've been looking everywhere."

blythe looked over at a beautiful woman, her long hair was in dreads and she had the prettiest eyes.

"oh! who's this?" she asked.

blythe hopped off the counter and smiled at her, "I'm a friend of carl's."

"michonne, this is blythe, blythe, this is michonne," carl said, "and no, I haven't."

michonne bounced judith in her arms as she walked over, "oh, how cute," she said, looking at the pie, "it looks—"

"— like a walker who just got its head bashed in," carl said, frowning.

michonne held in a laugh, "I'm sorry, it's not funny," she said, covering her smile.

"carl, I think it captures that beautiful, talented heart that you have inside you," blythe said, slapping a hand on his shoulder.

michonne tilted her head, then looked at carl, "oh, I like her," she stated, "it was nice meeting you, blythe," she said, giving the girl a nice, warm smile.

bly did a funny bow out of habit, "same to you!"

when michonne walked out the front door, bly smiled fondly, "she's nice."

carl had a faint smile on his lips, "yeah, she is."

bly flicked his hat, "well, let's finish cleaning everything up, the party is soon."

carl nodded, grabbing a wash cloth, "I'll get the countertops."

blythe reached for the ingredients, "I'll take care of these and I'll get the dishes."

the two spent a total of thirty minutes cleaning everything up, the kitchen was in tip top shape and the two desserts sat on counters.

the two sat by the table, exhausted from the cleaning spree.

bly raised her hand, "good job, cowboy," she said, slightly out of breath.

carl clapped his hand against hers, "you too, cloud girl."

bly fell deeper into the chair, "shit, that took a lot of of me."

carl nodded, "how do you do this as a hobby?"

she shrugged, "It's fun–"

"it's exhausting," carl put in place. bly shrugged tilting her head at him.

"what are your hobbies?"

the boy sat up, tapping his fingers on the wood, "uhm, I gotta think on that one."

bly frowned, "well, tomorrow, we're gonna figure out your hobbies."

carl gave her a smile, "I like that idea."