Xll

(AKA "Did you ever hear about the girl
who got frozen?
Time went on for everybody
else, she won't know it
She's still 23 inside her fantasy
How it was supposed to be
Did you hear about the girl who
lives in delusion?" -Right where you left me, Taylor Swift)

Will could hear the gentle rattling of Wheelers medicine cabinet, where Mike was currently scavenging for some antibiotics and a bandage. Holly had a tendency to steal them and use them as stickers all over the house, sometimes you could find them in the weirdest places. He sighed deeply, that heavy breath being thrown to the ceiling as he was staring up at it, desperately trying not to make eye contact with his best- er friend. The air suffocated him, like walls closing in slowly. And he felt the oxygen swept from his lungs as the breaths he took quickened in pace.
"So uh.. I've got the stuff.. this should be pretty quick." Mike forced out, a tiny smile placed on his oh-so-perfect lips that just drove Will crazy. But he didn't look at them this time, just nodded off into space and settled himself. Wheeler frowned, but still kneeled down so he could clean up the scratched knee. One hand gently wrapped around his shin to hold him still and the other poured 100% alcohol (the medical kind,) into a cotton ball. When the tingling burn hit his scraped injury, Will finched away, wincing as his leg desperately ached to jerk itself away.
"Will?"
Byers decided not to respond, he really just wanted to go back home, tell Dustin he had gone of course.. but being at the Wheelers house was not his plan at all. Exhaust poisoned his eyes and the emotional damage from earlier had taken its toll on the boy,
Mike sighed.
"I'm sorry for the shit I pulled today."
Again there was that silence, and Will was insistent on keeping it.
"What I meant doesn't matter.. not at all. The fact is.. I hurt you. And I told myself that I would never hurt you! Because how could you hurt someone as amazing as you, Will."
Another pause.
"But I did. And I regret it so much, you're way to precious to be treated like that.You mean the world to me. You care about me more than anyone I've ever met has, you treat me like who I wish I was. Which is something not many people do. I have this shitty tendency to say stuff without thinking.. and I was jealous. Jealous that you didn't feel comfortable talking to me anymore. But I can see why, I've been neglecting you! And either way, it was stupid to insist on you admitting some crush you had. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, Will Byers."

It was like a tiny bulb of hope flickered within the older boy, he turned to face Mike, that cheesy bastard. And smiled. A small, tiny smile that was nothing like the ones you got when he was really feeling happy, but it was a smile. A smile that said, in all ways visible and intentional:
"You hurt me, but I can learn to forgive with some time."

Mike Smiled back, still gently cleaning the wound and lining it with a stupid bandage that was way to big for the small scuff up that actually existed. But Mike had run out of the small kind, so this was what he was left with.
"I missed you, dude, so much. You have no idea how many thoughts I've had this past few hours." Mine breathlessly claimed, in utter relief of the reaction.
"I missed you too, Wheeler." Will let out, so quietly. His eyes were heavy, begging to shut and lock. A pillow seemed so welcoming and he could swear he'd be in heaven had there been a bed beneath him rather than a porcelain toilet lid. So he just leaned back and sighed deeply, breath leaking out his nostrils.
"I'll be right back, okay? I'm gonna go put these away." He shook the small back of bandages and bottle of pure alcohol with a gentle grin on his face. Will yawned into a slow nod.
***
It took no more than a minute to set the medical stuff back in its proper place. Mike felt comfortable, beyond comfortable actually. Will was back, he had somehow managed to get the boy to talk to him again and it was a miracle.
He didn't deserve Byers.
But he smiled as he paced back down the wood planks to the bathroom, where he had left his best friend. And when he the door was easily swung open, Will was asleep. His head pressed against the back of the toilet and his perfect lips slightly open. Breaths slowly leaving and entering, his stomach lifting each breath.

Oh. God.

Mike almost squealed, it was so incredibly adorable he was sure nothing could possibly top it. The crow haired teen walked over to his best friend and smiled down at those parted lips, pink and visibly soft.
"Will- hey. I'm back, do you need a ride back to Dustin's house?" Mike said as soft as he could, with no intention to startle the teen awake. There was no response so Wheeler resorted to gently tapping his shoulder.
"Will?" He tried again, but the same result ensued. And he sighed softly, breath dusting the air like a sprinkle of glitter. His lanky arms wrapped around Wills body as he picked him up and held the boy over his shoulder. With a few steps he had repositioned his best friend on the couch, Byers was still sound asleep.

Mike draped a blanket over the figure and slipped a pillow underneath his head before taking one more glance at the adorable sleeping teen and heading off to his room.
As for his whole 'getting over Will' thing.. this would definitely not come to benefit it's results. Why did Will have to be such a peaceful sleeper?
***
Authors note- this chapter sucked ass. And I had such high hopes for it UGHH. But I wanted to publish it remotely close to Valentine's Day, clearly I failed at posting it on the 14TH exactly. But I just kind of gave up towards the end. Next one should be better
, I don't want to jinx it though.

Words- 1066

(MIKE AND WILL LITERALLY LOOKING AT EACHOTHER)

Here's the other ones but the first is the most important because BYLER