SOMETHING I NOTICED ABOUT BYLER

Okay so, watch this clip (2:27 - 3:25) from Hoppers speech because this clip specifically makes me think Byler is going to happen in one of the upcoming seasons.

I'm going to break it down even though most of you guys have probably already noticed this stuff and I'm just now fully registering it.

First, while the rest of the Hawkins party starts biking away Mike stays back for a minute and stares sadly (bittersweet) at the Byers house.

Now, for people not shipping Byler, this could be seen as Mike just missing the group all together as they are leaving to California. BUT, its the fact that he's not looking at the Hopper house wreck like that- he's not looking at where El lived but rather where Will lived.

And yes, the party knows Will better, true. But the rest of the party (Max, Lucas, Dustin) bike away. And of course they're going to miss Will seeing as he was a close friend. The important fact is that it is Mike staying back. Mike who, within the past half a year, has been Girl crazy and barely payed attention to anybody El. Mike who just had a girl confess her love to him (that scene is a while different thing to unpack by the way.)

THE DUFFERS KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING.

Sure, some other stuff we consider Byler content can somehow leave that tiny smidge of room for people to think 'oh they're just friends.'
BUT THIS IS THE END OF THE SEASON.

THIS IS HOW THE DUFFERS CHOSE TO LEAVE OFF SEASON THREE.

EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED WAS CAREFULLY PLANNED AND SHOT.

THEN, as if to confirm that that gesture WAS IN FACT INTENDING TO INTRODUCE A POSSIBLE FURTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH WILL AND MIKE, the scene pans over to Will, crying in the Byers car. Looking out of the window.

THE DUFFERS CHOSE TO HAVE A CLOSE UP SHOT OF WILL DIRECTLY AFTER THE LAST SHOT!!

And finally, in the clip that I chose, THE CAMERA PANS BACK TO MIKE NUMBLY WALKING INTO HIS HOUSE TO GET A HUG FROM HIS MOM.

THIS IS SOMETHING MIKE HAS ONLY EVER DONE WHEN WILL HAS LEFT/GONE MISSING. ONLY TWO TIMES IN THE ENTIRE SHOW.

And all of this information go hand in hand with the actual words in Hoppers speech, which I went over in one of my previous Byler breakdowns.

BUT SOME OF THEM LITERALLY BEING:
"But lately, I guess I've been feeling distant from you. Like you're pulling away from me or something. I miss playing board games every night"

"But I know you're getting older, growing, changing. And, I guess, if I'm being really honest, that's what scares me. I don't want things to change. So I think maybe that's why I came in here, to try and stop that change. To turn back the clock. To make things go back to how they were. But I know that's naive. It's just not how life works. It's moving, always moving, whether you like it or not. And yeah, sometimes it's painful. Sometimes it's sad. And sometimes, it's surprising. Happy. So you know what? Keep on growing up kid. Don't let me stop you."

(THOSE ARE JUSR A FEW BUT I WONT BREAK THEM DOWN BECAUSE I ALREADY DID THAT IN A PREVIOUS CHAPTER AND I DONT WANT ANY BORING REPETITION.)

A/N anyway 😍
It is currently 1:12 in the morning and I just got this random rush of realization that I had to put somewhere. ANYWAY IM SO EXCITED.
THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS NOT INTENTIONAL.
EITHER THAT OR THIS HAD BEEN HEAVILY QUEER CODED AND-