Escape

"Run!!" Gulf yelled, aiming his blaster he shot at the two guards running towards him and his companions. "Run!!" He yelled again, he only needed one of them to make it to the airship then they might all be saved. Already he could see Win close to the airship and to the freedom they craved.

The sirens began to shriek in the distance alerting the King that his most prized possessions were escaping.

Too long they had planned and patiently waited for the precise time to strike. Now with everything on the line nothing would stop Gulf from executing their plan. The laser beams blasted past him almost taking off his head. Turning he fired his blaster the guard fell his body causing two more guards to stumble over his dead body. Win reached the airship he had already prepared to override the system, and open the blast door to the airship. "Cover me" he called to Gun.

"You worry about starting the ship. I'll worry about these douchebags." Gun said firing at another guard. "Just hurry" he urged as they both ducked to avoid a lazer blast that was too close for comfort.

"Got it!" Win whooped in excitement when the blast doors opened. "Get in" he yelled back to the others. "Gun! Gulf! hurry!"

Making his way to the cock-pit he prepared to begin the launching systems.

"Took you long enough." Max, Captain of the Kings royal guards, sneered in distain as he stepped out from the shadows and aimed his blaster at Win.

Frozen in horror Win sank to the floor. "How did you know we were headed here?" Win murmured weakly.

"I got those bastards!!" Gun ran in, too excited to notice the travisty that was unfolding. "Win... what's wrong?"

Win could only point with a trembling finger, tears already falling.

"Captain Max!!" Gun paled.

"Guys why haven't you started the airs--" Gulf began, five seconds
...five seconds was all it took to squash all of their dreams...all their hopes... and their plan to escape, Gulf thought bitterly. "We will never go back!" Gulf bellowed as he raised his blaster.

With a flick of his wrist, Captain Max threw a tazer ring at him. Gulf was unconscious before he hit the floor.

Guards poured in surrounding the prisoners.

"Take them to King Joss" Captain Max ordered. "I'll take this one." He said scooping the unconscious Gulf up and heaving him on to his shoulders.

I hope you enjoy this story please let me know what you think. 🙂