Betrayed

The air felt hot at the twenty-fifth floor of the building, the windows were open and a slight breeze cooled the sweat from Bright's brow. The creature sitting across from Bright was his best client. Only his need for the transaction to follow through had him biting his tongue. For the eighth time she had caressed his leg with her tenticales and had him squirming in his seat.

"Oh now, Bright, take my offer I will pay extra for your ...mm...services." The Lolligan creature clacked her beak.

Looking at her squid-like features Bright did his best to hide the shudder that past through him as he thought of what the extra services might entail, "As appealing as that sounds the only services I can offer you are my merchandise." He said trying to push a tenticales that was trying to make its way into his pants.

Withdrawing her tentacle Naya pouted. "Hmm, you've never been with a lolligan before...mm... have you?"

"No"

"We logillan's can be very...mm...giving." she smiled with confidence, "the humans that have serviced us have always been quite... mm.. stunned."

"Are you sure they're not just traumatized into silence?" Bright raised an eyebrow. Naya squawked with outrage. "Naya, you know what we're both here for so I suggest you quit this bullshit your trying to pull."

Fury and humiliatation made her eyes seem blacker and glosser than they were, her tenticales lashed out as if to whip the offender for the insult. Her temper subsided as one of her subordinates leaned in to whisper a calming reminder. "My lady... the weapons"  Bright could barley hear the male's words but he understood the male was reminding Naya of their purpose. "Your are Beautiful" the male finished.

Slightly mollified Naya settled back into her seat, "Very well, let's see what you... mm... have for me."

Bright nodded to his right hand man, Boun. Placing the case on the table in front of the scheming merchant, Boun opened the case. Inside was a black small underwhelming looking weapon, "This is an Ignis Blaster, it will burn anything within a 100 meters in just a few seconds." Boun picked up the blaster and walked to the open window. He smiled at the unimpressed Naya as he aimed at a tree below. He fired the blaster and fire swept up consuming the giant tree within a few seconds, and just a quickly as the fire spread, the fire died out only leaving black ash as proof the tree was ever there.

"Hmm, how much are you...mm...asking for?" The Logillan female asked as she walked back to her seat, trying to hide her excitement.

"450,093 Narios" Bright said leaning back in his chair.

"That's ridiculous Bright even for you, no one will...mm...pay that much."

"They will when they find out I have a whole shipment of these." Bright smiled confidently knowing she would want everything he had.

Slime began forming on the Logillan's forhead. Bright could only assume it was what past for sweat. Another shudder threatened to make it's way through his body but Bright supressed it as he'd already insulted her once today. One more insult might push her over the edge. Boun put the blaster away and Bright stood as if prepared to take his leave but Naya broke first. "You have...mm... a deal." Naya said wraping her tenticale around Bright's arm.

Bright sat back down, inwardly sighing in relief. He knew she would take the bait but the confirmation settled the tension between his shoulders. They needed the Narios and the more they could get the better.

-------------------------------------

"Captain, target is in my sights."

In the airship, above the building, Mew could hear the conversation the fugitive Bright and the Logillan female were having. Only the invisible shield hid them from view. "Okay, Mike are you in position?"