Fluke

Gun walked along the halls his robes fluttering around his legs. His thought's solely on finding his friend. Fluke had been missing and he was worried the King did something to him. The torture he endured was enough and Gun knew the King was capable of anything.

Entering the healing unit, he looked through the aisles hoping his friend was recovering in one of the many healing pods available. The cold room sent chills through Gun he hated the Healing Unit it's emotionless atmosphere felt unsettling. Huge pods were luminated with a special blue light to warm the recipients while they healed. Pod were maintained with their own separate connections and monitors. Individual bodies floated in the healing liquid of the pods, each patient attached to a mask that provided needed air.

The attendants were busy adjusting codes to maintain the healing pods and they didn't notice the beautiful Haren looking into the pods. Gun searched looking for Fluke hoping his friend was just recovering from the torture Captain Max inflicted on his friend. Losing hope he looked into the last healing pod. Fluke was floating, his eyes closed and peaceful. Gun sighed in relief. "You'll be out soon" Gun whispered to his friend. An uncomfortable feeling had him looking closely at his friend. Gun paled he hadn't noticed what was wrong but now he knew. The mask was removed and no subtle movements could be seen, the monitors were blank. His friend was gone. "NO!" Gun screamed "No!!" He hit the pod trying to free his friend. It opened with a swish and blue liquid spilled out, splashing on to the floor. "Fluke!!" Gun cried. He shook his friend trying to wake him "Fluke!" Gun cried again. The attendants ran their foot steps echoing masked by Guns screams.

They surrounded Gun, he held tightly on to Fluke still trying to wake him. "What happened?" An attendant of middle age looked down at the weeping boy.

"He's dead." Gun cried.

-----------

King Joss entered the chambers his mind on his chained possession. Perhaps there was still time for morning delights he thought happily.

"Your highness." Croaked Gulf, his voice horse from yelling. "Please... check on Fluke!"

"Your mind should be on me and me alone." He scolded removing his cloak and setting down on a his favorite black chair, "What do you need of Haren Fluke?"

"Art..." Gulf's throat was so dry it cracked and he struggled to speak. "Haren Art told me he killed Fluke. Please your majesty there isn't much time to waste. We need to save Fluke!" Gulf exclaimed pulling at the chains.

"Haren Fluke is mine to save or do as I will." The King's arrogancy dismissed Gulf's warning. He was to distracted by Gulf's struggles.  Each movement Gulf made caused his robes to slide higher and higher up his thighs relieving long legs the King knew all to well wrapped perfectly around his waist.

A servant knocked on the thick chamber doors. He entered and bowed low, je shook with fear, he knew he would be punished for the news he was about to deliver. "My King" the servant began.

"Please check on Fluke!" Gulf interrupted, not caring if he angered the King. "Hurry!"

The servant, still in a bow, continued. "W... We just received information of Haren Fluke." The King remained silent his eyes beginning to darken with anger. "It... It seems there was an issue with the h... healing pod your majesty and Haren Fluke drowned this morning in the remedium liquid."

Gulf screamed in fury. "No!!" He pulled on the chains. "I'll kill him!... I'll kill him!"

The King stalked forward and lifted the smaller servant off his feet. "Tell me... What were my healing attendants doing when MY Haren was drowning!!"

"Your majesty... I... I do not know my king. Please forgive me... It wasn't me." The servant stammered lifting his hands in surrender, sweat formed on his brow and fear clouding his eyes.