Deal

The pain on Gun's back burned as Saint applied ointment. "I told you it was a bad idea." Saint said for the millionth time. The once flawless pale skin was now  marred with red unforgiving slashes on Gun's back, Saint grimaced every time the wounds oozed blood.

"I had to try." Gun mumbled tears drying on his cheeks. He'd cried enough, not because of the pain but because of their failure. Watching his best friend beaten and Gulf's parents murdered with little regard had Gun losing hope. Fury gave him the strength to withstand the whipping.

"Gulf's idea was a good one." Win stated, "If that asshole hadn't sold us out we would have been free."

"You don't know that." Saint stood, watching his friends suffer was another reason Saint decided not to join them in their escape plan. What was the point, no matter what they did King Joss was always a step ahead. "Did you really think no one would notice the King's favorites missing?" He stood and began pacing back and forth his mind reeling, Saint continued, "and Gulf? Where is he? In bed with the king. While you two are here recovering from your wounds."

Lifting himself up, Gun slowly covered himself with his robe. Gun and Win had just returned from the healing pods. He could still feel the liquid of the healing pods stitching his skin back together healing their torn skin with no pain reduction, the memory made him shudder. "He has it worse, Saint. He has to spend most of his time with that...that..." Gun trailed off too tired to continue arguing.

"The King won't let him go and his parents just died or were you not paying attention?" Win snapped his brown eyes angry at the implication Saint was suggesting.

Deflated Saint sat, brown strands of hair tumbling down his forehead. "Where do we go from here? I have family too. Should I sacrifice them because you can't accept your fate?"

"I don't want to be here and I would rather fight than just sit idly while my friends figure a way to save me." Gun rebuked.

"Are you saying I'm weak?" Saint stood again. This time anger filled his eyes but shame lingered at the edges. He knew they were right. He could have helped. He could have been there but what good would it have made? They were all back to square one. This time privileges would be revoked.

"We didn't ask for you to help." Win crossed his arms but the sting on his back reminded him of his wounds and moving to quickly had him gasping in pain. "We just need another plan." He said taking a deep breath.

"No!!" Saint gaped. "Are you crazy?! Do you need another whipping?"

"At least I'm not a coward." Win stood, pain be damned no way was he going let Saint belittle their effort.

"Guys!!" Gun exclaimed. "We need to wait for Gulf. He'll know what to do."

Saint scoffed, "I'm sure he's too busy with the King."

"Shut up, Saint." Gun warned. "You know damned well Gulf is always on our side. He won't abandon us... and I won't abandon him." They needed to work together if they we're going to get out of this hell hole but Saint's fears might prove to be another obstacle.

A knock at the door startled the three. "Enter" Saint called.

"Councilman Kaownah requests your attendance." a mousy servant girl announced looking at Saint. "He...he said he requests a d... dance." She stuttered.

"Thank you Millie" Saint said gently, "I will prepare." Bowing low the girl left with a small blush on her face.

Gun stared at Saint observing the look of resignation. "Saint we can --" suddenly the ground shook and yells and screams could be heard throughout the castle.

----------------

The King's slow rhythmic breathing had Gulf sighing in relief. He'd finally fallen asleep, naked and sore Gulf tried to wriggle free from under the King's arm but the weight pinned Gulf to the bed. Pushing with all his strength he managed to push the King's heavy arm aside allowing him to sit up.

Gulf stood disgusted with the faint traces of the Kings kisses on his body. Grabbing his robe he made his way to the dressing chambers. Washing away the kings touch Gulf quickly dressed and slipped out of the chambers.

He quickly made his way to the Highest Councilman's chambers trying to avoid the guards as they walked the halls. The castle was quiet and dim lights lit the path through the halls. He'd been here for two years and he rarely got to walk the halls alone. Feeling more confident he walked slower taking in the grand design of the castle. The high arches and rich walls made Gulf feel small and insignificant. One day this will be nothing and these pretty walls will be nothing but rubble, he promised himself.

Knocking on the Councilman's door Gulf entered when an haggard looking servant opened the doors. She stepped back allowing then Haren to enter.

"I didn't expect to see you so soon." The High Councilman observed Gulf's attire. Gulf wore his robe and his feet were bare, his black hair tousled about his face making him look sexy and forbidden. "The king is already finished with you, I presume?"

Gulf blushed but refused to lower his eyes. "I don't have much time. The king is asleep but I don't know how long he'll stay that way. You said to come to you if I was willing to do anything to escape." Gulf continued. "I'm here. I will do whatever it takes."

"Are you willing to risk it all to get what you want?" Calm and poised Perth took a sip of his tea. His hair was neat and tidy in the style that all Councilman were required to wear. His strong voice sharpened with his question "Have you thought about what you want?" Gulf stood pacing the room but glanced at the old servant pouring him a cup of tea. "You can ignore her, she will not discuss what is said in this room." The councilman assured.

"How do you know?" The Councilman continued to stare at Gulf, his silence was his only answer, sighing deeply Gulf paced again, "I want to free my sister. I want revenge but what I want most is..." He stopped pacing and turned his eyes furious, "... to kill the King."

The silence was louder than Gulf's proclamation and Gulf began to sweat. Would the Councilman tell the King? The Highest Councilman's eyes glittered with malice and he smiled slowly. "Perfect."

He didn't know what he expected but he didn't expect for the King's Highest Councilman to smile as Gulf made his declaration. "What?" Gulf began.

"You are not the only one with a goal." Perth reproached setting his tea down.

"I surmise your goal is to become King yourself?" Gulf lifted his eyebrow at the calculating man. When he said nothing Gulf changed tactics. "How can I help you? As you said before I'm just the king's toy." Gulf said bitterly.

"You are with the king most of the day. You have access to him at his most vulnerable. I need your full cooperation and loyalty."

Gulf nodded slowly, "but I need you to do something for me... see that my sister is safe."

"I can remove her from the servant's quarters--"

"No, leave her there the others will watch over her and I will be able to see her once in a while. I just want you to make sure the other Councilman don't touch her. Find someone who can guide her."

"Very well" it was an easy request but the Councilman knew Gulf had no idea what the servants went through. The Councilmen's advances were the least of her problems. "When I give you the order give this to the king." Perth lifted a necklace from his pocket a small vile shaped in the form of the kings crest hung delicately. "Be sure to wear this at all times."

The Councilman clamped the latch in place allowing the necklace to dangle prettily from Gulf's neck "You really are beautiful." The High Councilman murmured touching Gulfs lips, absently rubbing them. A loud boom reverberated throughout the castle.

"Get to the King's chambers, make sure he doesn't find out you were here." The High Councilman ordered. "I need to find out what happened."

Gulf ran quickly to the King's chambers. Guards and servants ran to the source of the noise, no one noticed Gulf slip back into the King's chambers.

It was still dark and quiet, he must still be asleep, Gulf thought breathing a sigh of relief. He slowly made his way to the bed slowly lifting the covers, his blood drained when a strong hand grabbed his arm. "Where were you?" A menacing voice growled.