Chapter 25

Darius opened a secret door at the end of the hallway and slightly shoved me inside. The rest of the female competitors were in this room along with us.

"Oh thank goodness!" Daniella whispered as she pumbled me to the ground. "I was so worried when I didn't see you in the room with the rest of us. I'm so glad to see that you're safe and sound!"

I smiled and hugged her back, relieved that all of us had made it to the safe room.

"Squid." I finally let go of Daniella and glanced back at Darius, who was readjusting his sword strap around his waist. "I'm leaving to go help Erik. Don't come out of this room until one of us comes back to get everyone when it's safe."

"Wha- let me come with. I can help you!" I replied, already preparing for departure.

"No. I need you to stay here"

"I'm not staying! You know I can help, I can help fight them off!"

"The answer is still no. Erik would kill me if I brought you along and you found yourself getting hurt."

"Who cares about he feels-"

"Then care about how I feel Vanessa. If you got hurt, I wouldn't forgive myself. Now, stay here! You can help defend the girls if any of the rebels try to enter the safe room." Darius yelled before exiting the mini door without letting me get in a final word. The room was left in silence.

"Well..... That was intense" Mari chimed in, trying to break the silence. I stayed silent. Darius must've been serious. But, unfortunately, I'm stubborn and don't listen to others very well.

So.

I sprinted out the mini door. I could hear my friends pleading and yelling for me to come back, but I was too focused on catching up to Darius.

God. Please don't let this be a mistake. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi lovelies! 

This is a little bit of a shorter chapter today but I'm working on the next one so it can come out next week for you all to read :) Enjoy this cute little cliff hanger for now! See you all next week! <3