Chapter 11

"Wake up Nessa. It's 9 o clock!! You only have one more hour until you get picked up!" My ears began to ring from the yelling as I slumped up from my bed. I blinked a couple of times, trying to focus on my sister's exasperated glance. I stared at her for a couple of seconds, processing everything she announced in my ear. I only have one hour for what?......

"CRAP!" I shouted, tumbling out of my bed and onto the floor. I grunted in pain as I stood onto my feet and raced for the bathroom. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner Koey?" I angrily shouted; straightening my hair at a fast pace. Koey levitated her arms into the air before slapping them against her thighs.

"I tried. You wouldn't wake up. And don't worry about your outfit, mom and I got that covered," She answered, irritated. I muffled a yes as I was now brushing my teeth. Koey vanished from my sight and I hurriedly applied light makeup onto my face. I began to pack my bag in the most unneat way I could; throwing in my long t-shirts and underwear into the luggage. I zipped up the bag and set it by my door. As I was getting ready to throw on a nice shirt my sister barged into my room with a strapless, cream colored dress resting on her arms. "I told you that mom and I had your outfit covered for today," She shrugged. I smiled and gently held the cream dress in my arms before throwing it on. The dress stopped just above my knee cap.

"I love it Koey. Where'd you get this?" I questioned, admiring myself in the mirror. I actually favored this dress more than the other. It wasn't too much, but it was just formal enough to enter the castle.

Koey giggled and smiled. "Not telling. But hurry on downstairs so you can say goodbye to everyone before you go," She urged, pointing to the stairs.

"Everyone?" I was confused. Who did she mean by everyone?

My sister rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Everyone. Ya know, some of our clients, this lady and her daughter, Rebecca, a father and daughter, blah blah blah, the list never ceases." She sighed. My eyes widened as I ran downstairs, excited to see everyone. Rebecca was the first to acknowledge me, running up to me and giving me a giant bear hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much at work girlie. You are so lucky that you get to spend time with the prince," She pouted, pulling away from me. I smiled.

"Don't worry. I'll tell you all about my experience while I'm there," I promised. Slowly but surely, I gave everyone goodbyes and hugs. Koey wasn't kidding when she said everyone was here. I saw Asia and her father from TGI Mondays along with McKenna and her mother from the bakery. A bunch of my clients and friends from school were here too. I honestly felt like a superstar. As I was still giving out my goodbyes, the doorbell rang, halting all of our actions. My mother sadly smiled.

"It's time," My mother sadly announced. I gulped and made my way to the door, my feet dragging along with me. My mother opened the door, letting in a teenage guard. He was actually very handsome. His blonde hair was kept in order and his hazel eyes were practically glowing. We made eye contact for a split second before he averted his gaze.

"I'm here for a Miss Vanessa Aldaine," He shouted, looking at everyone currently in the room. I shyly raised my hand. He smiled and nudged towards the front door. "Go and quickly grab your luggage so we can head out as soon as possible miss," He spoke. I nodded and headed upstairs, snatching my bag from the front of my room doorway. I soaked in my room one last time before turning on my heels and going back downstairs. Everyone had cleared a path for me towards the doorway; each of them emitting off smiles. I took a deep breath and trotted towards the front door. I received pats on the back and quick hugs on the way. I finally halted in front of my mother, who was seemingly holding back her tears. I warily smiled and gave her a long, bone crushing hug. Koey was quick to join our hug, shedding her own tears as well. I wanted to stay like this forever, I wanted to pretend like the Choosing never happened. Our moment was destroyed when the guard cleared his throat. I swiped some of the tears from my eyes, my feet still glued to the floor. My mother snatched a flower crown from the counter and placed it proudly onto my head. It was our state's official flower.