before you begin

hi, it's lovely to meet you.

there are a few quick thing's i'd like to cover before you enter into this story as it will go through a wide variety of topics that could potentially be triggering and difficult to read through.

inspiration for the story:
selfishly, i'm all for badass main characters who take charge of their own lives. the inspiration to begin writing this story came from a desire to see a main character bolder than how eren is regularly portrayed, one who exceeds eren's ruthless character.

understanding this, your main character will also be as much of a playboy as eren usually is. take it as you will. enjoy the smut with multiple characters and idk maybe it will give us some practice in not slut-shaming 😀 up to you lol.

for this reason as well, i have chosen not to do a erenxreader. i understand that not all individuals will be comfortable with the habits of the main character, and i do not want to entice individuals to act in the same manner because... well, you'll see.

general timeline information:
this is an aot au and will not be set in the regular, post-apocalyptic world (no titan forms). though this is a fanfiction that begins in the last year of high school, all characters will be in the 18/19 age range so there are no sexualization of minors. however, the only exception to this piece is the prologue, where characters are of the 15/16 age range.

in order to understand the villain arc & the climax of the story, i would highly encourage reading the prologue. the prologue will absolutely not match the main character's energy that will persist throughout the novel, but it will provide necessary context.

content warnings:
before the beginning of each chapter, i will be leaving an author's note. please read at your own discretion as the novel will explore some deep topics. due to the nature of the story, i've developed a system in which you will be able to identify these pieces.

🌹 – smut
🥀 – heavy smut
🍄 – drug abuse, addiction
☄️ – sexual assault
🌊 – abuse
🌑 – death
🩸 – gore
🪞 – self-harm

not adding in a content warning for strong language because it will literally be in every chapter.

as an additional note, i've done my best to accurately research into the multiple disorders that will appear in the novel. if characters act or behave in a way that may not be your desired reaction, just know that there is often a deeper meaning to it. if it doesn't make sense to you, i'd actually encourage you to do your own research into why the character may be acting the way they are. i think we can all benefit from understanding mental health a little bit more.

playlist:
i'm a sucker for a good novel playlist. even if i don't listen while i read, i love returning to novel playlists to envision the story playing out like a movie. use it if you'd like. each song will be referenced to its specific scene point.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1R4knzlSWeF3nqfQippneZ?si=29c2bb7b671242ca [playlist title: all i ever knew by siadd00]

you're in for a fucking wild ride. enjoy.

– siadd00

Logistics:
I do not own any of the characters associated with Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin), but rather this is my own interpretation of them for the purpose of this novel.
The cover came from an image on Pinterest which I do not know who to credit to (LOL).