mid-afternoon fight

a/n:
reminder that our mc is currently hitting a high. thought processes and actions will be impaired.

content warnings:
🍄, fighting/blood, vomiting

——-

The bouncing vibrations of my bike's engine come to a halt as I swerve it gracefully into the stall.

What I left behind just twenty minutes ago was a parking lot desolate of any human life. What I return to is a manic crowd of students conglomerating in front of the school's entrance.

Sliding off my helmet, I casually stride my way over. The chants of FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT increase in volume with every step I take.

Reaching the outer circle that surrounds the action, I nudge the closest person to me. "What's happening?"

The overly-enthusiastic girl with cell phone in hand ready to capture the main event bounces as she tells the story. "It started with just some banter until one of the freshmen started going on about how he would fuck Eren's mom dumb if she was still around. Let's just say it didn't go over all too well," she gossips with a squeal as she hits the record button.

Through the lens of her phone I use what's amassed in the surroundings to trace the events that happened prior. Both boy's jewelry is splayed across the ground, torn off with no caution.

A hair tie lies just a few inches out from the jewelry. I bring my vision up and find Eren to the right, hair loose around his face, moving with the wind as he gets into place.

His stance is okay. It's not completely inaccurate, though my criticism runs wild with all the subtle pieces he's performing incorrectly.

Eren's jacket is tossed to the side revealing an oversized black tee that grips at his tensed muscles whenever the breeze shifts it over his body. His hands are kept close to protect his face, his whole body inching toward the freshman.

The freshman, on the other hand, was about to be in for the time of his life. He rabidly jumps about. No stance. No precision. No anything. It's quite evident that his only knowledge of school fights derives from pop culture movies and it's almost painful to watch, especially with his over-confident banter.

I can see it in Eren's face, I know he's absolutely certain he's about to destroy this fight, which is why he lets the boy keep on chattering, to dig the grave for himself.

[🎵 she looks like fun - arctic monkeys]

Within a second, Eren takes two steps forward and lunges toward the boy, bringing a hook around that the boy completely dodges.

Oh, maybe I had you wrong Eren.

Frustrated, Eren moves forward and this time plants a punch square into the boy's chest, sending him backwards as the wind is knocked out of him. Eren takes the opportunity to his advantage, coming directly toward the boy with his arm about to swing.

"HEY!" Is all I hear. A booming voice runs out from the audience and leaps into the centre circle. In a moment's time, it's Jean grabbing Eren by his shoulders, pushing him further to the right edge and standing between the two boys. Eren might be strong, but Jean's height and muscular form make it easier for him to draw Eren away.

Due to the distance, I can't hear what Jean is saying with hands on his shoulders, but it's evident that Eren doesn't care for it either. His sea green eyes still locked onto his target, jaw clenched tight.

In one swift motion, Eren shoves Jean across into the crowd and begins aggressively advancing back to the quivering boy whose face loses all colour instantly.