1. Recollection

(A/n):- video from Pinterest

It was a stormy night, thunder booming outside the window of his two story house. Flashes of bright light told him that the lightning was low in the sky. It did enough help to the small footsteps that tried not to step on the empty and some broken bottles that laid on the dust filled wooden floor for days. The onyx orbs of the 8 year old tried to adjust is vision continuing while clutching the half eaten cream bread to his chest like his life depended on it.

Making his movements as slow and inaudible as possible, he crossed the kitchen counter to the living room that reeked of Alcohol. He tried not to stare at the figure that passes out on the couch. His left leg dangling off the couch while his head laid in an awkward position with his neck bent slightly. His mouth wide open while saliva dripped down his chin as he snored.

The little boy walked past the couch timidly to the stairs. As soon as he put his foot landed on the first step the lights turned on.

The boy Froze.

His wide eyes turned to take a look at the living room. His breath hitched as soon as it collided with the man that had his fingers pressed on the button of the lights, standing just few feets away from him.

The pitch black eyes burned with fury as he glares at the little boy. Within few strides he covered the distance between them The man he called his "father" over his little frame who was shaking in fear. He was staring at him with so much rage while clutching his hands on his side as if he was dying to hit him.

"Where the fuck were you all this time?", he snapped.

The boy flinched opening his mouth just to close close it. Tears brimmed down his cheeks as no words came out of his mouth. The man shook with even more anger at the disrespect.

He slapped the boy on his right cheek, the force so strong that his little body flew on the nearest wall hitting his head and falling down. The bread clutches to his chest fell down on the dirty floor ruining it.

The man did not give the little guy even a chance to breathe as he pounced on him, again. Hitting him in the stomach repeatedly.

"You little shit, how dare you disrespect me?", He yelled.

"I should've killed you the moment we found you. You nothing but a liability. I kept you just because of my wife but even she died because of you.
You are a bad omen, you took my wife away from me", he said in a resentful tone.

The boy clutched his stomach, coughing and sobbing as he begged him to stop but instead he took ahold of his collar lifting him off the floor.

The boy suddenly feels his "father,s" hands grab him by the throat, they are large and easily fit around his throat. He then started to squeeze, hard, choking him. The boy grab his wrists and weakly try to pull them off, but it's no use. He is much stronger than him and his grip is tight.

"I should kill you too, not only did you take her away from me but I also lost my job and now I've to work as a taxi driver, for what? You?, Everything was perfect before we stole you and now it's all gone.", He seethed, tightening his grip.

The boy tried to tell him to stop, but nothing came out of his mouth and soon he started to gasp for air.

________

A/n :- Don't forget to comment and share. Its my first story I would really like it if you give it a chance ;)

_____