3. Thunderbolt

"Your parents haven't paid your school fees yet, it's been 3 months", she said and Dev's face turned pale and he quickly looked down in shame not being able to hold her gaze

She sighed kneeling down to his level before taking his hand on hers and putting some money in his palms and closing it.

Dev froze, his eyes wide while looking at them money on his hands to her face and then repeating it.

, "Here take this and pay off your school fees, okay?"She Said with a soft smile.

Dev's eyes glimmered in tears as he looked at her as if she's his guardian angel.

He always liked her because she would remind him so much of his mother, always saving him from getting bullied, giving him chocolates and treats often sohe wouldn't go home empty stomach and now this. His eyes shined with so much respect and love for her.

He couldn't stop from throwing himself into her arms. Wrapping his tiny arms around her neck.

Mrs. Farera froze but did not push him away. Instead she wrapped her own arms around his tiny frame, engulfing him in a warm hug.

She by rubbed her hands on his back in a soothing manner as his body shook with soft sobs. They stayed like that for some moments before he pulled back.

"Thank you, thank-you so much Mrs Farera. No one has ever been so kind to me", he hicupped wiping off his tears and grinning widely.

She just chuckled softly while nodding in return with an encouraging smile and shooed him away.

If only he knew she had the same past where she struggled to pay her school fees. She believed him to be having the same childhood as her the only difference was that she was born with  poverty whereas for Dev, his father caused his misery in everything.

___________

Dev was in his room completing his homework during evening when he heard pounding on the main door of the house.
His father as usual passed out with tons of whiskey bottles around him on the couch. So he went to open the door stiffening at the sight in front of him.

There stood in front of him were cops holding guns in their hands. They lowered it after seeing him. They stared at him and then the picture in their hands and then back at him before nodding to the female officer and muttering in s low voice, "it's him"

She nodded and her eyes softened a bit when she turned to look at his tiny frame who just stood there frozen near door frame shaking in fear.

"Hey there sweetie, I won't hurt you, nobody will, okay? Just relax." She said with her hands in the air. She smiled taking small steps towards him.

He flinched when he heard loud shouting adm breaking voices from inside the house. He was so preoccupied while listening to the lady he didn't even notice those other men entering his house.