10- Noah

Noah

"Noah! It's so good to see you!" Mrs. Moretti exclaimed as she opened the front door for me on Friday, a day before October 31st. She pulled me into a hug.

"Nice to see you too, Anna," I hugged her back with both arms for the sake that she's my boyfriend's mother. A half-assed hug (which is what I give everyone who hugs me who isn't Sam) probably wouldn't suffice.

We pulled away, Mrs. Moretti's smile still broad as Sam's father walked up. "Noah." He spoke my name firmly with no hint of kindness as he stuck out his hand.

"Mr. Moretti," My tone is equally hard.

I went to shake the offered hand until his stern face broke into a grin, "come here," and he pulled me into a hug. Sam's parents have always liked me. I wasn't sure why; I broke Sam's heart pretty bad about six months ago. But, I guess they forgave me and I was thankful for that. I didn't plan on breaking Sam's heart ever again.

But right then, Sam was quickly descending the staircase, biting his lip to suppress his smile as he hastily wrapped his arms around my neck. I bent down grabbing him at his waist and lifted him slightly off the ground as I hugged him back. I swore I heard Sam's mother squeal.

"Hey, baby," I greeted him quietly, so only he could hear me.

Setting him down, Sam was no longer hiding his contagious smile, "hey," he said equally soft, gazing into my eyes as if lovestruck.

There was a clearing of the throat from Steven, Sam's father. We turned to him and he told us, "The spare bedroom is all made up for you, Noah, so-"

"Dad, are you serious?" Sam questioned in dismay.

"Yes, you are a high schooler living under my roof. Your boyfriend doesn't need to stay in the same room as you for you two to fornicate."

I instinctively stepped away from Sam and looked away. Meanwhile, Sam's jaw dropped at his father's words, his facing heating up in an embarrassed blush as he exclaimed, "Oh my God, Dad, we're not going to do anything."

"Oh, Steven, he's here for two nights, give the boys a break, he can sleep in Sam's bedroom." Thank God for Sam's mother.

"I hope you both know what you're doing," Mr. Moretti continued and I didn't dare to look at him while he did. "Because AIDS is a very-"

"Jesus Christ, dad, I'm a virgin," Sam lied. "Now can you stop?" But Sam didn't give Steven a chance to reply as he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him upstairs. He slammed his bedroom door shut. "That was so humiliating," he groaned with his face falling into his hands.

"A virgin, huh?" I questioned as I set my overnight backpack down on his floor. His cat, DJ, strutted to me and rubbed his face on my leg.

Sam looked up at me with a slight grin, "a white lie never hurt anyone," he chuckled.

"Mmm, I think that was bigger than a white lie. And I also think your parents know you're not a virgin." I sat down on his bed and immediately DJ cuddled up to me, so I rubbed his black fur in between his ears.

Sam chuckled at my comment, "yeah, probably." Then in excitement, he started to speak on Halloween, "look at how good my costume looks!"

*

Sam's costume looked better than good on him. He looked sexy as hell. Our couples costume theme was a firefighter and a Dalmatian. You can guess which one Sam was. I'll give you a hint, though.

Sam was wearing an oversized white T-shirt that fell to his mid-thighs with black spots all over. He was wearing short black shorts that barely surpassed his shirt. High white socks that also had black spots. Black slip-on Vans (He didn't own any other brand of shoes). He wore fuzzy puppy ears on his head and had colored his nose black with hopefully a washable marker and not sharpie. And my favorite, a red choker necklace.