15- Sam

Sam

I wanted Noah all to myself. Was I selfish to wish we had spent Halloween with just us two? Not go to some shitty college party and watch Jude flirt with my boyfriend. And how dense can Noah be to not realize the flirting? Jude laughing at almost everything Noah was saying and sometimes even touch Noah's arm and linger it there.

Maybe I was being irrational, but I knew flirting and Jude was flirting. I was getting pissed off. And when I was angry mixed with alcohol in my system, I was not fun to be around.

I thought about asking Noah to ditch the party, but I didn't want to seem like a buzzkill and Noah should be getting the full college experience which included the house parties. I'd feel guilty if I made us leave, so to compensate for not wanting to be there, I got four shots deep and downed two drinks. It wasn't a smart decision by any means.

Back in the garage with Noah and his friends, we were all chatting. Well, they were. I was trying not to show my disgust every time Jude opened his mouth.

Being plastered, I didn't remember much, but their conversation went something like this... "Bro, I don't know how Professor Davis even got his job" Jude said to Noah when Noah spoke about one of his classes. My boyfriend and Jude apparently had the same professor, but on different days. They both were... bonding over their dislike for him.

"I know," Noah agreed. "He's so fucking slow at reading and all he does is read the text book. Half the time he falls asleep." Noah imitated his professor falling asleep and then waking back up in a startle.

Jude laughed, placing a hand on Noah's thigh, "Noah, you're fuckin' funny; that was spot on. For real."

I couldn't take my eyes off Jude's hand on Noah's thigh and Noah did nothing about it as he laughed in his stoned state as well. Fuck that. I grabbed Noah's hand and stood up, making my boyfriend stand up with me. "We'll be right back," I told Jude with a fake smile before dragging Noah away from him.

When we exited the garage, Noah asked, "What's wrong?" shouting over the chaotic music. I didn't respond, instead, I walked us up the stairs and found us an empty bedroom. I pulled Noah in, and locked the door behind us. "Sam-" I shoved him onto the bed, climbing on top of him and started kissing him. "Mmm," Noah sounded as he brought his hand to the back of my ear and kissed me back. His tongue slipped in my mouth. He tasted like marijuana, but I didn't care. I tugged at his hair and grounded my body down on his. Noah seemed to be into it, but when my hands went to his jeans, Noah nudged me back. "Sam, slow down. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, I just want you to fuck me," and forget about that stupid Jude.

"I'm sorry, but you're drunk and I'm not, so I'm not going to fuck you like this," Noah told me sternly.

"I don't care," I told him and brought my lips back to his. Again, he stopped me. Noah moved me off of him and stood up.

"We're not fucking doing this when your shitfaced. Why don't you lay down in here? Jude won't mind."

Jude. Jude, Jude, Jude. I realized I had brought us to Jude's bedroom, and it seemed as though Noah knew that. Had Noah been in Jude's room before? I wanted to throw up, (but maybe because of the alcohol). I grunted as my response. "We'll leave soon, okay? I'm just gonna go tell them goodbye. Stay here. I'll be back," and he kissed me on the forehead before walking out of the bedroom.

I fell back onto the bed and tried not to picture Jude kissing my boyfriend. I couldn't believe Noah was friends with him in the first place. Jude wasn't even funny. The only thing they seemed to have in common was smoking weed, was that the only quality needed to consider friendship?