20- Noah

Noah

Everything was fine between Sam and I the next day. He FaceTimed me in the morning- before he had school- and I explained everything. I did, however, leave out that Ciera spent the night on my couch. It was a minimal detail that Sam did not need to go stir crazy about; it was better left unmentioned. Plus, Ciera was gone by the time I walked out of my bedroom for my early morning shower.

It was when I got out of the shower that Sam called me. "Hey, sexy," is how I answered the phone, still naked and wet.

Sam grinned. He was in his bed, wearing my t-shirt. "Mmm let me see all of you."

I chuckled and decided to appease him; I set my phone on my dresser, angling it down a bit, and showed off my body.

"Yummy," he claimed and he got a show of me drying off and putting clothes on- briefs, sweatpants, hoodie- before I grabbed my phone and laid in bed. Then in a more serious tone, "So, where were you last night?" Sam questioned like he didn't already know.

"I think your sister filled you in on that."

"That she did. With a picture as well." I scoffed at Haven's actions. She could be such a bitch sometimes. Not that I'd ever say that to Sam... not that he wouldn't agree. "Wanna explain that?"

"Sure," but my tone was bitter because then I was ticked off. "Ciera invited- no actually, basically begged me to go to a party with her and didn't give me specifics. Turned out the party was an hour away and twenty minutes from you at Zach's. I guess she's best friends with his bother, Tyler. I ran into Haven, who immediately assumed I was cheating on you and took it upon herself to send you 'evidence', like the conniving b-"

I stopped myself then gave Sam a fake smile while saying, "like the protective big sister she is," my smile dropped. "Then I got pissed off and Ciera, Tyler, and I went to one of Tyler's friend's house and smoked a bunch of weed. Then Ciera and I left and she dropped me off at home." Okay, so she also spent the night, but that part wasn't needed. "That's what happened."

"I believe you," Sam said, "I'm sorry Haven ruined your night, but you know she was just trying to look out for me."

I rolled my eyes, "Tell her to look out for her own shitty relationship," I muttered.

"I don't like that you two hate each other. Actually, Haven's gonna be home this weekend... maybe you could come down and you two can spend some time together?" Sam suggested hopefully. As if a weekend will fix Haven's notion on me.

I shook my head, "No." Not after that stunt she pulled.

"For me? Please, she's my sister," Sam gave me his big puppy eyes. I groaned. "Noah, you both are important to me."

I wanted to roll my eyes again and argue more, but I gave in. "Whatever. Tell me about your night."

Sam sat up and looked almost nervous "Ah hahaha my night."

I narrowed my eyes at him through the screen of my phone and sat up in bed as well. "What did you do?"

"Well- don't get mad- but I was a little upset over the picture of you and Ciera and you not telling me where you were, so I went to Carter's house and, um... ahaha got high."

"What?" I asked because that was the last thing I thought my boyfriend would say.

"Yeah, Carter taught me how to smoke a bowl."

"What the fuck, Sam," I exclaimed feeling... I didn't know how I felt. I wasn't angry even though that was how I came off. Part of me felt left out which made me annoyed that I was jealous of Carter being able to see my boyfriend whenever and I could only see Sam on the weekends.