24

Kynda Jones

Here I sat in the pew beside Asia with my head down. I've always hated funerals. So cold and long.I looked down at the bland piece of paper in my hand.

In Loving Memory of Ricardo Marshall

"its so cold in here" i shivered.

"im saying like damn they tryna reserve our bodies too ?" Asia rolled her eyes.

"im saying like dawg is we in a human refrigerator?" I scrunched up my face.

"cause of death frost bite."

"shut up fo he rise up and choke the shit out yall." Bebe mugged. Then made a cross with her fingers.

"and guess what?"

"what?" Bebe asked leaning toward her.

"he gone get his ass laid to rest one mo time.God Forgive Me" She turned to shake me up. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"stop hanging round that boy." I whispered through gritted teeth.

"which one?" she asked.

"On nationnnnn" Bebe laughed shaking her up.

"ssshhhh" we heard behind us.

I turned to see an old woman holding a mug on her face.

"you shut up befo you be here next week!"

"oh my" she held her chest.

I mugged her turning back around. "Loretta Devine looking self."

"i know Tisha old tail better hurry up and sing so i can go" Asia said checking her phone.

"her wig doing more singing than her" i whispered back as we watched the lady wipe her face as if she was so sad.

"i-i" she started then fell on the ground causing her wig to fly off.

"oh LORDDDD" somebody yelled.

I covered my mouth. We watched the lady roll around on the ground crying for a good 10 minutes before they ended the funeral.

We stood up exiting the church in shock.

"Now she got up there and showed her whole wrinkled ass" Asia said shocked.

"im scared hoe caught the holy ghost at a funeral." I said eyes still wide in shock.

"Kynda" somebody called. I squinted turning around to be face to face with a short lightskin woman.

"Kynda?" she said again in the form of a question.

"yes" i nodded.

"Hi im Doraine Ricardos mother" she held her hand out.

I took it with a small smile.

"I heard you two were serious hate i never officially got to meet you when you came over." My smile dropped.

I never went over his house.

"Oh well nice to meet you in person" i fake smiled.

"you have a good one baby."

"you aint never been over his house." Asia said.

"i have never been over that boy house" i confirmed walking fast to the car.

"but then who-"

"not my business" i cut her off getting in.

"and why-" she continued.