TWO

Chapter Two:
"Well, apparently you're the weapon
expert, take your pick"

Chapter Two: "Well, apparently you're the weapon expert, take your pick"

           "SO... WHERE ARE WE GOING?" Marley didn't remember the last time she was this excited. In the past years, everyday of her life had been planned out in long and exhausting schedules. Having a change made her ecstatic.

            Even thought her wrists were still bound in metal handcuffs that were now hooked around the seat in front of her, Marley wouldn't stop moving. She had a childish grin on her face as she looked out the window, gasping in delight as she watched the unfamiliar settings roll pass, curiously examining the town of Evergreen. With a heavy sigh, her forehead pressed against the cold window, relief flooding through her body.

            She didn't care if these people were taking her to be executed. Seeing all the nature fluttering about made it all worth it.

            "You look like a puppy seeing grass for the first time," the blonde woman she came to know as Harcourt said bluntly, face staying emotionless. Marley found the woman unnerving.

             "I mean, it has been two years since I left that Asylum," Marley replied, lifting her head from the glass and glancing over to the three agents. They each watched her closely, as if analysing every small movement she made.

"Rightfully so..." John Economos spoke from the driver's seat, taking a short glance at the rearview mirror. Though his voice was low and meant for only him to hear, Marley heard and shot a sharp glare at the man.

Murn, the man in charge of the division was the next to speak, cutting Marley off before she could cuss John out. "Enough. All of you." Marley instantly stiffen at his stern voice, turning her glare to him and feeling like she was suddenly in the army. She wasn't liking how professional the whole task force was.

If she didn't like it, god knows what the Widow would think. And Marley was afraid for the team's safety when her alter took center stage.

              "We're going to pick up your partner in this force," Murn continued to explain to a very confused Marley. "Christopher Smith, otherwise known as Peacemaker."

               Marley scoffed, leaning forward to awkwardly scratch her nose. "Peacemaker? That's a bit egotistical." She huffed out a breath to blow her hair from her face, becoming irritated as her cheek know became itchy. "Hey, ya know, you could ditch the cuffs. We could start to develop some trust." She gave the best fake-innocent smile she could muster.

"After the crimescene you left in your husband's apartment-"

Marley's face fell with regret.

"-I'd prefer not to risk it in such an enclosed environment. At least not until we need your skills." Murn was set on his word, Marley could tell she wasn't going to be free anytime soon.