TWENTY ONE

Chapter Twenty One
"I thought you had a good point.
Some fucking team"

             IT WAS A LOT OF WAITING

IT WAS A LOT OF WAITING. And Marley had recently discovered that she despised waiting, especially with no updates on the current circumstances they found themselves tangled in.

The second design was almost finished, pencils blunt and chipped. The final sharpened pencil snapped startling Marley. She leaned back with a deep frown, holding the broken end to her eyes before looking down to examine the rest of the damage. With the colouring being quite solid, there was a lot of coloured dust and few pencils left untouched.

                She turned holding the pencils out. "Harcourt!" she whined childishly, shoving the pencils into the blonde's direction. "They're broken."

"Okay, I'll find a sharpener. Just wait," Harcourt insisted in a hushed whisper as Chris continued to express his uncertainty and sudden fear of capture again. Murmuring continued to fall out of the phone speaker before Harcourt hung up and Peacemaker's exasperated screeches concluded. Hands resting upon the curvature of her waist, she glanced back to the team, that same frown never wavering. "They're gonna be here any minute-."

                  The door to Murn's office came crashing open. "Does anyone know about Peacemaker having a diary?" Murn interjected. His voice remained harsh, that anger that was evident an hour prior remaining and still going strong, infecting the tense air with the disgust.

                   But, Marley didn't pick up on such emotions. "He would be the one to keep a diary," she spoke up with a shrug. "He seems like he doesn't know how to deal with normal emotions."

                    Harcourt surprisingly agreed without much thought. "You're not wrong." Sitting beside Marley, she peered through the stationary locked in a small box decorated with red stripes and pulled out a blue sharpener, container cracked and immediately slitting Marley's thumb as she took the offering. But nonetheless, Marley expressed her gratitude with a faint 'yay!'

There was a tense silence that lingered in the air. Marley hesitantly turned the pencil in the restraints of the sharpener as she glanced over the team, the shedding sounding obnoxious in the silence.

Murn, hands planted on the desk, had leant forward and with a tilted head suddenly watched Leota. The woman suddenly struggled to make any type of eye contact.

When asked of her odd behaviour, Adebayo brushed it off with a faint nothing. Murn clearly saw no need to push further or believed other issues were of great importance.

"My man on the inside has it," Murn insisted stiffly. "So hopefully, that's the last we hear of it-,"

Now it was the front door that came flying open, crashing in the adjacent wall as Chris and Adrian joined them. Eagly waddled in after them and Marley almost fell out of her seat.